Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just signed up to that TEF to have a gander, language on there is definitely not family friendly lol. Noticed our very own @MoutsGoat has signed up as well. GOTs my home though, best fan site out there.

Exciting and bum twitchy at the same time this window. soon...

What if everything is BS?. What if there was never £100-£150m to spend in the first place. There is no proof what so ever to suggest this window is any different from any other year. ITK's on here have been claiming deals have been done for weeks now and 2 weeks out and nothing. If we had all this money to spend then we would of atleast signed 1 decent player by now. Starting to think we have all been taken on a ride.

The squad isn't weak but it is totally unbalanced and that's entirely down to Martinez. We do need players and we would all like to see a few superstars arrive but we don't need a new squad and we haven't been left behind. Martinez and his philosophy were the real problem and they have been removed. The last 2 friendlies have already shown signs of a much fitter and more balanced team. If he can get the team balance right with the players at his disposal and without wasting the majority of our transfer budget then the money he does have can be spent on players that will actually improve us rather than simply get us back to where we were before Roberto's phenomenal appointment.

It is a weak squad mate, extremely weak. Our central midfield is as weak as urine mate, as weak as urine!

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying, that having the same squad as three years ago is going to leave us behind, as the rest of the Premier League have all improved and long since moved on. The four players that you agree we need are needed for the FIRST TEAM, and we won't achieve anything worth talking about without such changes to our midtable standard squad.

But again you are neglecting the fact that this 'midtable squad' wouldn't have finished midtable if there had been a competent person in charge - a person that lost his job because of the squad finishing midtable...

But again you are neglecting the fact that this 'midtable squad' wouldn't have finished midtable if there had been a competent person in charge - a person that lost his job because of the squad finishing midtable...
This is true.

Although the squad needs massive improvement a better manager would have taken us higher in the league.

Palace x2, watford away, norwich away, liverpool home, west ham home, bournemouth away, southampton home.
17 points better off we would be alone. All games we threw leads away cheaply and should have won with a better manager in charge. Would have put us 6th in the league, european place also.

and i am not analyzing games here, games where we battered the other team, conceded late or silly goals or stopped playing for no reason.

What was with Besic wearing 21 yesterday? Who are we after that wears 17?

blind.webp

Not ITK, just suggesting a linked name that wears 17.

What if everything is BS?. What if there was never £100-£150m to spend in the first place. There is no proof what so ever to suggest this window is any different from any other year. ITK's on here have been claiming deals have been done for weeks now and 2 weeks out and nothing. If we had all this money to spend then we would of atleast signed 1 decent player by now. Starting to think we have all been taken on a ride.

The fact that stones and lukaku are looking like staying that war chest has probably shrunk to around £30-40 million I would say.

This is true.

Although the squad needs massive improvement a better manager would have taken us higher in the league.

Palace x2, watford away, norwich away, liverpool home, west ham home, bournemouth away, southampton home.
17 points better off we would be alone. All games we threw leads away cheaply and should have won with a better manager in charge. Would have put us 6th in the league, european place also.

and i am not analyzing games here, games where we battered the other team, conceded late or silly goals or stopped playing for no reason.

Agree. I think the games you listed are perfect examples of games we should have won where no other factor (dodgy ref decision, players mistakes etc) counted against us - it was down to Martinez' inability to manage a lead/organise a defence.

The only one I wouldn't agree with would be Southampton, they hammered us and we were lucky not to lose.

The fact that stones and lukaku are looking like staying that war chest has probably shrunk to around £30-40 million I would say.

I would be happy enough with that tbh. Stones and Lukaku stay, a bit of wheeler dealing to move a couple on for a profit and buy 2 or 3 improvements.

You're talking about the person who was 'on the verge of something special' until about April of this year aren't you? It took ages for people to accept that Martinez was junk, and it's taking ages for some people to realise how crap our current squad is. This squad is midtable standard; you could put Mourinho in charge and you would still be looking at a 9th placed finish at best. It isn't three years ago anymore, and yet we have the same team, minus a goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back