Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the quality of player we're now looking at makes it harder to complete quicker.
Exactly.

I can't understand why people can't appreciate that it's a tricky business attracting 'next-level' players.

Once we have one or two, that will be easier as momentum builds in terms of faith in the 'project.' Getting the first one over the line is the trick, and it's going to take graft.

Just heard from a source within the club. Rick Elmy (not sure if that's the right spelling).

The club has apparently been working on this one for some time, but say it's nailed on now.

Soon as I know more........

I just do not agree with that.
Why is Besic " boss" ? , based on what ? He has never had a long term run in the team apart from just after he arrived when he was thrown in at the deep end and was not ready.
I am not saying he won't be a good player for us in the future, but there is nothing concrete to back this up as yet.
McCarthy was a star in the team that finished fifth, yes, he has had a mediocre time in the last two seasons, but how many of the squad did not ?
He may well not fit into the managers plans , but is a good player.
Cleverley , to me , is a good squad player. Not every player will start every week, a squad needs a number of players, that can do a job in a few positions at a competent level.

As has been pointed out previously by others, these are not bad players, they have been badly managed and handled in the last two seasons. There has been very little structure in their defensive play and we have leaked goals and lost games because of this....but, that was primarily the fault of the manager and his staff..and where are they now?
Besic when played last year was the only reason we managed to get further in the cups or pick up any points because he was putting his body on the line, making blocks. Something Jimmy mac forgot how to do. He wasn't in the team for long down to injury, but we looked 10x safer with him in it.

Cleverly isn't very good mate, Mccarthy isn't either. He's not been good since the first season, and even then it's not like he does much. He doesn't show for the ball, because he doesn't want it. I want a footballer at centre mid.

Like genuinely you're crazy if you think any top 8 team would swap one of their midfielders for Mccarthy.

5 days before squad numbers announced.

FFS anyone we sign is going to have to take big numbers aren't they? Either that or massive gaps in numbers giving the obvious positions signing will be

The evidence is, wait for it, we've signed no one except a keeper from Fulham despite the window being open for a while.

Proven sources? Like who?

Not hard to understand even for you.
Do you seemingly never tire of trying to stick the boot into the club?

Come back on Sept 1st and erect your cross then, if there's nothing been done.

Getting slightly worried now,seen this time and time again at this club and looks like not much has changed by the looks of it,maybe I shouldn't have got my hopes up,hope I'm wrong but it's not looking great atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back