Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I think the games you listed are perfect examples of games we should have won where no other factor (dodgy ref decision, players mistakes etc) counted against us - it was down to Martinez' inability to manage a lead/organise a defence.

The only one I wouldn't agree with would be Southampton, they hammered us and we were lucky not to lose.
To be fair we were playing kids in that game, plus minus first team players rested. nothing in that game suggested a first team that was chasing an outside chance of top 4 would have lost the game. we would have still (probably) been mathematically in there and not far off it in the end.

NEA with Witsel now

He can go kick rocks all season for all I care

If he signs, then great, if he doesn't, I won't be bothered aside from the time we've wasted trying to sign him

Think it's great the way the club are keeping everything hush, hush, this is just one of those times though I wish someone would come out and say where we are up to on the Witsel saga.

You're talking about the person who was 'on the verge of something special' until about April of this year aren't you? It took ages for people to accept that Martinez was junk, and it's taking ages for some people to realise how crap our current squad is. This squad is midtable standard; you could put Mourinho in charge and you would still be looking at a 9th placed finish at best. It isn't three years ago anymore, and yet we have the same team, minus a goalkeeper.

As @Ashtonian just pointed out in his previous post, you could name about six games easy where we threw away points due to the manager's calls.

And yes I stood by RM up until early March - the West Ham game to be in fact is what swayed many of the people either on the fence or wanting him to stay.

he on about DAVO or the WRD guy?

Pretty sure Fox posts on there now as well, or at least he did last year. He was sound was Foxy, shame he's not on here anymore.

He could be on about Davo but WRD fits the description of "definitely right all the time no question about it" ITK

Who is this mate so i can keep an eye

WRD1878

Think it's great the way the club are keeping everything hush, hush, this is just one of those times though I wish someone would come out and say where we are up to on the Witsel saga.

I suppose from the club's pov mate there is no saga.

Fans get obsessed with deals so much these days that when something doesn't happen immediately it's panic stations and slating the club etc etc, when in actual fact the club are most likely completely unaware of this and will simply be concentrating on getting the players we have ready for the season and the deals we are working on over the line (as it is we still have 5 weeks to go...)

The clandestine meeting with Koeman and a bunch of strangers in a back alley, where a signing was 48 hours away.

Rubbish, basically, as it quite clearly always was.

that is what makes this window so fustrating and depressing for me. It is always signing friday or 48 hours or this or that.

If there was none of that then i'd be less anxious about it all. But to keep getting told by people supposedly in the know about it all and each one comes and goes, just makes it fustrating that we are waiting for something that may never come bar from championship clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back