Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clandestine meeting with Koeman and a bunch of strangers in a back alley, where a signing was 48 hours away.

Rubbish, basically, as it quite clearly always was.

He never said it was a clandestine meeting. I remember somebody quoting the post on here.

And as it was discussed, and as you might well know if you work in the media, 'off the record' discussions are held quite a lot - and it has nothing to do with embargos, which mostly involves press releases/statements not discussions.

I'm not saying I believe the guy 100%, btw, but it is feasible that it could be something along the lines of the above.

Lets just stick this £100m on black on the roulette

personally I never believed we would have £100mil to spend this summer, (without sales). But I'm confident we do have a fairly large chunk and that we will see the deals happen. I'd rather us take three weeks now to sign our no.1 target than give up immediately and go to targets B and C. Plenty of time yet...

Posted about team news on his last drive by aye, something to do with Barry and McCarthy
Someone should start a WRD1878 account that just posts what he says on TEF, he can be the new ITK king. Pretty sure on Monday he said we'd sign a big name in the next two days though, so if we don't sign anyone today then the knives will be out already.

Mate no offence but what are you on about their?

How did we throw away a lead and result in the following games you mentioned?

Away at Palace - the game finished 0-0, never had any lead
Home to Palace - we where 1 down and equalized late on to salvage a 1-1, never had any lead
Home to Liverpool, we went 1 down int hat and got a 1-1, never had a lead

so even using the silly idea that any time we take a lead we have to win the game - which no team ever does, add 11 not 17 points on and we still would have only finished in 9th anyway

Becuae mate palace were woeful in both games. We only conceded off palace at home because of a set piece. The thing martinez the terrible manager didn't bother to work on in training. the away game, palace couldn't score when they had like 6 players in our box, they were shocking and are lucky they started the season well otherwise they may have gone down themselves. Any team managed half decent would have beat them away, they were so poor it was unbelievable.

The liverpool game again considering it was the game that sacked Rodgers, that is how poor they were. They turned up with Plan a and when that didnt work they had nothing else to come back at us with. Sadly Martinez decided he would do the same and we ended up not being able to turn over a poor team in the end. and their goal in that game...? A even worse set piece goal!

again running theme there. Not saying we should chalk every one off, just in those games it made the difference against a side who's manager didn't practice defending them.

He never said it was a clandestine meeting. I remember somebody quoting the post on here.

And as it was discussed, and as you might well know if you work in the media, 'off the record' discussions are held quite a lot - and it has nothing to do with embargos, which mostly involves press releases/statements not discussions.

I'm not saying I believe the guy 100%, btw, but it is feasible that it could be something along the lines of the above.

That was called exaggerating for comic effect.

He was wrong, end of story.

Someone should start a WRD1878 account that just posts what he says on TEF, he can be the new ITK king. Pretty sure on Monday he said we'd sign a big name in the next two days though, so if we don't sign anyone today then the knives will be out already.

This was his last post re. transfers. (on Monday).

Mr Koeman spoke to a number of people on Friday and gave away some interesting things.

He believes he has inherited the most unbalanced squad ever and says it's all left backs and right wingers.
He says the squad lacks height and physicality.
He doesn't want to play tippy tappy football, he says why have his defenders play the ball left, right, left, right back to the keeper and launch, when the keeper can do that.
He wants domineering defenders. When asked about who he is targeting he hinted that the guys already knew. He hinted at going back to Southampton for a defender, but the word is that it will be Fonte rather than Van Dijk.

Niasse has been told he can go.

Signing wise, he said to expect a big name signing in 2 days. So assuming he means today or tomorrow, if you take out the weekend. I should know more on Carvalho over the next couple of days.

As has already been mentioned all over the papers, Stones has said he wants to leave and Koeman has been planning for life without him.

So looking at what he has said, I think we can expect some taller more physical beasts to come in and some more direct football. They will still be told to play football, but the plan will be to hit the strikers quicker. He wants his strikers to press the centrebacks.

No please, lets NOT do that.

They all seem like good people, I know most of them dont have a good word to say about here but we should avoid conflict with at all costs, it doesnt benefit anybody if we have mutants trying to out banter each other on both forums.

I realise you were probably joking, but somebody might see your post and think its a boss idea, I assure you, I will report every post along these lines, I will also trace IPs and probably hunt them.

So nobody do this.

personally I never believed we would have £100mil to spend this summer, (without sales). But I'm confident we do have a fairly large chunk and that we will see the deals happen. I'd rather us take three weeks now to sign our no.1 target than give up immediately and go to targets B and C. Plenty of time yet...

I think Koeman is shrewd and knows there is no value in a market where Troy Deeney is worth £30m+ apparently, but this weight is killing us all. Moshiri will lose the fans if we dont spend £60m net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back