Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again Dymak you're proving that you are in fact incapable of taking in another person's opinion (or reading posts? :) ).

Where have I stated that we don't need to sign anybody? I said IMO the squad doesn't need a complete overhaul, just a few (four as it stands, five/six depending on outs) quality additions.

The only thing is I'm not fretting about it with five weeks left to go in the window and a week and a half into our pre-season games.

So we agree that at least 4 out of our 11 first team players need replacing, we disagree as to whether that constitutes an overhaul or not. What is clear though, is that without such changes we have a poor midtable squad that will once again finish in a poor midtable position.

Not surprised any ITk is going to be off, no matter how well sourced they are

Take for granted that the 4 major players we have tried to sort deals with are

Mata - which entirely hinges on United getting int he players they want before saying yay or nay to him leaving, also managed by Mourinho who we didn't exactly make it easy for last season in regards to Stones
Witsel - absolute nightmare to deal with as he seems to have thirty agents all working against each other to get their commision
Carvalho - who has recently changed his rep to a UK based one
Koulibaly - which involves Napoli and Chelsea - two teams we seem to be entangled with on a few players right now

IF someone got any of these details absolutely spot on i think it'd be more through an amazing punt at a guess than proving they are ITK

None of those deals are easy, honestly I can see why we are having trouble getting them over the line.

They are all tier 2 footballers, none of them were ever gonna be easy.

Im not saying nobody has a clue, I was honestly just shocked that nobody anywhere called the moves we have actually made.

doesn't that lend credence then that nobody is really ITK with the 'new' Everton and passing yourselves off as such is a bit ridiculous?

I think thats a bit harsh, some people do have access to info, but speaking to a Friend last month, he did say that Everton are almost operating at MI6 levels to try and keep a lot info under wraps.

The only thing is I'm not fretting about it with five weeks left to go in the window and a week and a half into our pre-season games.

What worries me is that the season doesn't start on September 1st or whenever that k nob Jim White takes over the TV, we have had plenty of time to get players in and surely having your players in now would see a more productive pre season?

Most other EPL sides have been quite busy in this window to go out and get the players they want that they think will improve their team, we seem to be standing still.

Speaking to De Telegraaf in his native Netherlands, however, Koeman sounded confident that there will be more movement in the market where Everton are concerned as the new season and the transfer deadline after that approach.

"Things will start happening in the coming days and weeks," said Koeman. "Everything will be fine."

That's only a partial quote. In full:

"OK. Things will start OK happening in the coming OK days and OK weeks," said Koeman. "Everything will be OK fine."

None of those deals are easy, honestly I can see why we are having trouble getting them over the line.

They are all tier 2 footballers, none of them were ever gonna be easy.

Im not saying nobody has a clue, I was honestly just shocked that nobody anywhere called the moves we have actually made.

I think thats a bit harsh, some people do have access to info, but speaking to a Friend last month, he did say that Everton are almost operating at MI6 levels to try and keep a lot info under wraps.

To be fair, if chelsea wanted witsel he would have already signed for them.

We are still just amateurs at negotiating deals.

What worries me is that the season doesn't start on September 1st or whenever that k nob Jim White takes over the TV, we have had plenty of time to get players in and surely having your players in now would see a more productive pre season?

Most other EPL sides have been quite busy in this window to go out and get the players they want that they think will improve their team, we seem to be standing still.

I get your point, but do you think this team is good enough to get a result against Spurs?

Stickleback
Coleman - Mori - Stones - Baines
McCarthy
Besic - Barkley
Mirallas --------------- Geri
Lukaku​

well Esk was spot on about Martinez sacking and Koeman - he was the first one to come out and say Martinez deffo wouldn't be here, and he first said that back in March I believe.

I think that some people have info, like Esk for example. He knew of the interest in Koeman from someone, definitely. But, in terms of transfers, I think nobody knows anything at this point. We don't even have confirmed reports that Witsel bid has been accepted, do we?

People saying 'it's done, good night' on transfers, especially THIS summer, is putting a certainty vibe in an opinion and leaving them open to questioning, no?

And I was going to make a similar point as Mouts, the fact that EVERY "ITK" has been wrong this summer makes me think they are almost feeding people false info or something like that. It's very peculiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back