Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp
Does anyone believe we’ll have signed anybody before we depart for Dresden?

Dont bother mate, hes had it in for Besic since he signed, I put him on ignore a long, long time ago.

Why, he's spot-on. Besic has looked good nine only a few games. In others he's been horrendous. If he doesn't kick on this season he needs to be sold. As of now he's just not good enough.

So we agree that at least 4 out of our 11 first team players need replacing, we disagree as to whether that constitutes an overhaul or not. What is clear though, is that without such changes we have a poor midtable squad that will once again finish in a poor midtable position.

First point, yes I agree. As it stands (so Stones, Rom both here) we need a keeper, a midfielder and a playmaker to come into the first XI, IMO.

We could also do with competition for striker, right-back and depending on outs, another central midfielder. If Stones goes we'll need a CB as well.

Second point, my view is that a manager makes a hell of a lot of difference. On paper, I think most reasonable people would agree that last season our squad was better than Southampton's, yet Koeman got them playing in a way and to a standard that saw them finish top 6, whereas a combination of poor decisions/tactics from Bobby (and poor form from players, yes) led to to us finishing 11th.

Let's get this right, Arnautovic hasn't snubbed us that's ridiculous, simply signed an extension with his current club. Can't snub us if a deal was never on the table.

Why, he's spot-on. Besic has looked good nine only a few games. In others he's been horrendous. If he doesn't kick on this season he needs to be sold. As of now he's just not good enough.

Hes been by far the best player on the pitch at times, other times hes been utter rank, but for all his time here we have had a terrible manager, hes struggled for injuries and he hasnt really been able to nail down a place due to injuries and Martinez favouring the McCarthy and Barry axis of doom.

I do agree tho, ive said it myself, he needs to kick on big time this season, he needs to take his chance when it comes and try and avoid injury.

Hes a different player for Bosnia, he runs every game, makes Pranjic look like Osman.

Everyone knows it takes weeks to sign a player.

Stekelenburg took forever...even on deadline day it takes close to a month.

Patience lads....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back