Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's finally Friday. Last Friday I predicted something would definitely happen this Friday. However we may have to wait until next Friday for something to actually happen, because this Friday isn't the right Friday for something to happen. Next week is the week something might happen!

According to the BBC reporting a tabloid paper I won't name:

Adnan Januzaj, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Tim Fosu-Mensah, Andreas Pereira, Will Keane, Tyler Blackett, Paddy McNair and James Wilson
I'd take a punt at Fosu-Mensah if the price was right as heard quite a few positive things about the young lad: strong; defensive sound; versatile.

well it's that time again boys...

Everton friday.webp

Going to be a nieve question but do we have to sell to buy ? Is it the tv money only plus sales ? Although I didn't believe the 100 million warchest etc etc but I had hoped that Moshiri was putting money towards his plan for the club ? Surely Koeman and Walsh came to the club because they seen the vision that was there for the club and that vision surely suggested a good amount to purchase the right players ...

basically mate it's got nothing to do with transfer funds, and all to do with staying within the regulations of FFP.

If we wish to buy 5 £30m players we have the money to do so, but we don't have the revenue to be able to match the fees and wages - so we would be in breach of FFP - in Lehman's terms at least. People like @The Esk can explain it much better.

So, if we sell Stones, it's the quickest way to up our revenue in the short term to allow us to pay the higher wages.

basically mate it's got nothing to do with transfer funds, and all to do with staying within the regulations of FFP.

If we wish to buy 5 £30m players we have the money to do so, but we don't have the revenue to be able to match the fees and wages - so we would be in breach of FFP - in Lehman's terms at least. People like @The Esk can explain it much better.

So, if we sell Stones, it's the quickest way to up our revenue in the short term to allow us to pay the higher wages.

Lehman doesnt exist anymore mate unless Arsenals former keeper explained it to you :)

If we sell Stones, we are booking the profit on the sale of the player (compared to cost minus accumulated depreciation so far) to the non-broadcasting revenue, not the revenue amount itself.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back