Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, mate it is.

Fans like @kithnou want value for money.

Overspending and getting poor value is not good for a football club.

Imagine we spend £10 million plus £3.5 million a year on wages on Ashley Williams.

He spends three years at the club. Thats £6.8 MILLION per year we will be paying out and have to write off due to this fee and player.

Thats not good value at all. When we are linked for other players at a fraction of that price with BOOK VALUE at the end of three years.

Plus mate, when you start to be more concerned with book values than the performance of the team it's time to give up.

I think the main problem is that the fans want to see results quickly. I think they need to manage their own expectations a bit. There is so much focus on transfers (Sky/Fifa/FM probably has a lot to do with that) that people are totally ignoring the other steps that we have made/need to be made.

Look at the quality of the management team we have put in place. Look at where they have come from and how respected they are within the game. The changes they make will take time. Especially when you consider how far we'd fallen over the last couple of years. In the end it was a complete shambles. That doesn't get fixed overnight. They aren't going to think about 1 transfer window or even 1 season. They are going to put things in place for the next 5 seasons. The style of play, the players needed (more on that later) and the general footballing infrastructure will take time to develop.

We've apparently paid off debts and seem to be making inroads on the stadium front. I'm a lot more confident that a stadium will be put in place under new ownership than under the old regime. Again, that's something that isn't going to happen tomorrow.

With regards to the playing staff, we are obviously targeting a higher level of player than we usually would. Attracting these players is going to be much more difficult. It's going to take ALOT more time. It doesn't have to be done in one window. It doesn't have to be done in one season. I've not doubt that we are going to sign the players we need but some of them might not be brought in until the end of the window or the next window or over the next couple of seasons.

We are definitely in the mix, but players right now will look for CL clubs first and foremost. The later it gets in the window, the better are position is as these players will start to run out of options. There's a reason we've bid so much more than others in certain cases. It basically means that we are going to be in the mix right up to the end of the window.

Great post

Plus mate, when you start to be more concerned with book values than the performance of the team it's time to give up.

I'll tell that to @The Esk mate.

Its important to see performance from every £ we spend.

When we start overspending on players who really are nominal value people need to ring the alarm bells.

Yes, mate it is.

Imagine we spend £10 million plus £3.5 million a year on wages on Ashley Williams.

He spends three years at the club. Thats £6.8 MILLION per year we will be paying out and have to write off due to this fee and player.

Thats not good value at all. When we are linked for other players at a fraction of that price with BOOK VALUE at the end of three years.
And if we finish higher in the league because he stops us conceding so many goals from crosses and set pieces then it will be good value.

I expect the majority of our signings to be of gueye' level, such as grosicki etc.. Stats men, grafters. Carvalho will be our mot realistic big name signing, hopefully along with a creative midfielder.
It's the way Walsh works.

Yes, mate it is.

It's not your money mate

And if we finish higher in the league because he stops us conceding so many goals from crosses and set pieces then it will be good value.

Thats got one key word in there.

'IF'

I also want to again emphasise. I'm not against the player. I'm against the exorbitant fee for a 32 year old.

I'll tell that to @The Esk mate.

Its important to see performance from every £ we spend.

When we start overspending on players who really are nominal value people need to ring the alarm bells.

Van persie laughs at that statement mate, football isn't about the bottom line it's about resylts, who gives a sod if he has resale value if the team is better and gains better results with him than without him?

Tell esk by all means mate, unlike you I don't put him on a pedestal and am able to agree and disagree with his opinions depending on my own thoughts.

True. Its a risk versus reward scenario.

I'm saying that the risk and cost of this is too high versus the rewards.

If the cost and risk was lowered. I would not be all that against it.
I'd say the reward is as close to being certain as you get get in football. We defended like amateurs at times last season. Williams can defend and add leadership which we've needed for years.

Van persie laughs at that statement mate, football isn't about the bottom line it's about resylts, who gives a sod if he has resale value if the team is better and gains better results with him than without him?

Tell esk by all means mate, unlike you I don't put him on a pedestal and am able to agree and disagree with his opinions depending on my own thoughts.

We are not Manchester United mate.

We're trying to expand commercial revenues. They already had a much higher commercial revenue.

I'm saying £10 million for Ashley Williams is crazy money.

I'd say the reward is as close to being certain as you get get in football. We defended like amateurs at times last season. Williams can defend and add leadership which we've needed for years.

We defended like amatuer because of Martinez, not because we don't have William.

This is a fact that should be brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back