Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you on about gone all Brexit?

And loose lips sink ships!? Football scouts from around the globe are reading this forum just waiting to read your suggestions before they go and buy the players are they?

Once again. 10 mil is not that much in today's market, and if you can't name a better player that we could buy for the Same price then it's end of discussion really

It really is a lot of money.

We can keep trying to deny it. But people are themselves talking up the fees without actually stopping to think about what they're saying.

Because he reads the game better, seems to be a more vocal captain/leader, isn't as injury prone and came back from a major international tournament with his reputation and confidence intact.

Just a simple personal preference....but please go ahead and tell me why I'm wrong.

We can keep trying to deny it. But people are themselves talking up the fees without actually stopping to think about what they're saying.

So you don't want to spend any money but you want us to buy players and improve our squad?

Yes, mate it is.

Fans like @kithnou want value for money.

Overspending and getting poor value is not good for a football club.

Imagine we spend £10 million plus £3.5 million a year on wages on Ashley Williams.

He spends three years at the club. Thats £6.8 MILLION per year we will be paying out and have to write off due to this fee and player.

Thats not good value at all. When we are linked for other players at a fraction of that price with BOOK VALUE at the end of three years.
The money in the game now means that kind of money can be written off though. We brought in £93m last year. We can have 25 players on 3.5m now and sustain it quite easily

I understand it's ridiculous but it's the way it is now

The money in the game now means that kind of money can be written off though. We brought in £93m last year. We can have 25 players on 3.5m now and sustain it quite easily

I understand it's ridiculous but it's the way it is now

Thats just not true though is it. STCC controls what we can do and how we can do it or sets limitations on us to overcome.

I'm saying. Lets not get lazy and overpay.

I'm not against his acquisition. I'm against overpaying for his acquisition. The media quotes on the fee are ludicrous.

image.webp
I'd like some movement so we can get some August victories. A real rarity in recent times.
Maybe this will help :blush:

Partly yes. But our none of our CBs are particularly dominant in the air either.

Jag was dominant under Moyes.

We've allowed too much crosses, thus the higher amount of header we've concede too, it's a percentage thing. 10 crosses lead to 3 header concede and 20 crosses led to 6 etc etc. It's more about defensive setup than individual defensive brilliance.

We'll be fine with the current set of defender and if we're force to sell stones get someone of similar stature that our club deserve. William will not single handedly transform our defensive frailty and he will be just as bad if we've allowed the same sloppiness as we had over the last 2 Seasons. Struggling to see why we need to spend 10m on him.

Good player and happy to have him if he is coming. We will have to pay premium for gaps we have in he squads qualities.

On the field communications are one and our back five communicated as well as Ian Ross used to off the field.

Yes he's probably 4-5 yrs too old in the fiscal sense but this is the way to rebuild imo solid experienced players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back