Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
...season starts in a fortnight, if none of the fancy signings materialise we have to bring others in as a matter of urgency. At the moment we have a single striker of worth and even he might leave. We have two fit CBs and one of those could be on his way. I imagine Walsh has a phone glued to his ear trying to make something happen.
Said it on the moshiri thread that I don't believe these deals are real, or at least not the volume of them.might he coming off as pessimistic but I'm trying to be a realist instead. Rather than bounce around that we are spending 150 million plus just curb my enthusiasm a tad bit at the fact these deals still aren't being sorted all this time later. There must be a reason for it , we can't be this bad at negotiating

I am usually more positive when it comes to the new regime, however we have two weeks to the new season and bought no one of note.

I am sure we have the cash, moshiri would not have bought the club to see the value of his stake to fall, as the club needs investment to progress and with progress comes a higher value of shareholding.

However We are now getting to final preparations for the league campaign and we still have the team of last year with the absence of some squad players. If we don't get anyone before the first game of the season I can only see an element of trepidation creaping into the supporters and for that to be there at the first game of the season is damaging, especially if the press report on any such feeling.

IMO I think this would seriously damage the perception of the club.

I do think the the Euros and the Pogba deal have held things up in the market, but maybe once Utd have signed him things will start falling into place.

But keeping the faith i will for now, and I hope my feeling of buying someone today comes true.

There'll be some storm if we get battered by Spurs with the likes of McGeady on the bench and Kone as our main striker
Be a horrible way to start the season. If mood was low before koeman then starting the season with a back up keeper only with false promises then the mood will continue.

what's he doing there for you to call him a 'disgrace'?
Right, this infuriates me.

It's pre-season. It's a miracle he's got a new contract - earning millions per annum. He's played in 6% of games in the last 2 years. He should have been sacked on the spot when he ran over a cyclist drunk, in any other profession he would have been. His performances in friendlies have been awful yet he's in a busy kebab shop in the early hours.

Clearly pissed up again, his eyes are diluted, pulling a stupid face and his fly is open. Who actually eats that garbage sober, never mind a "professional athlete".

I'm starting to get the feeling you're on the wind up with your constant defence of all things blue.

The conundrum for Everton is that for the theoretical £100m + sales budget, we are trying, laudably, I think to sign select players at the top end of our range (£30m plus, more for KK) which is exactly the level of player we appear to be struggling to attract.

It would be better to sign 3 £35m players in terms of the potential quality/impact they would have than say, 7 £15m signings.

What I don't understand is the apparent fixation with Witsel in particular, and you wonder if this rigidity applies to the other targets also.

It's great to persist and bag the majority of your targets if that comes to pass but surely seeing we have more resources than ever before, we could have already sourced 4-5 players in what is a global market that would constitute a big improvement to the starting XI / squad?

My concern is what happens if we are heading into the final week of the window and none of the known targets have signed? What is the plan of action then? At what point do we draw a line in the sand for some/all of these players and say enough is enough?

With Witsel in particular, I think the time has come now for the club to make its position publicly known. I actually admire the closed shop policy Everton appear to have as it's futile to comment on speculation but this particular saga is bordering on farce now.

The guy is a professional paid handsomely. He either gets on a flight and takes his medical here this week or does one. I am happy to hold fire on the other targets and our business in general until the end of August. I just hope we are working on alternatives in several areas.

giphy.gif

There's been excuse after excuse put forward (by our fans not the club) as to why no significant signings as yet. For example :

No business (setting up of transfers) until new manager appointed and until after the Euros.
The new manager was on holiday.
Players on holiday.
Players involved in Euros were away on holiday.
Players only just back for training.
Manager needs to assess the squad he's got.
Manager needs to assess players in pre-season games.
Awaiting appointment of new Director of Football.
Potential targets away on tour with current clubs, so can't do proper business until back.
Potential targets can't be properly discussed until 'selling club' bring in marquee signing(s) eg Pogba).
Potential targets holding out for a better deal at Cl club (eg Witsel).
Sky money not released until 1st August.
Have to sell one of our main assets (eg Stones) to meet FFP rules first and free up cash.

So, we should be ready now surely........

There's been excuse after excuse put forward (by our fans not the club) as to why no significant signings as yet. For example :

No business (setting up of transfers) until new manager appointed and until after the Euros.
Players on holiday.
Potential targets away on tour with current clubs, so can't do proper business until back.
Potential targets can't be properly discussed until 'selling club' bring in marquee signing(s) eg Pogba).
Have to sell one of our main assets (eg Stones) to meet FFP rules first and free up cash.

Or you know - Its hard to convince top quality to join a team that has finished 11th two seasons on the bounce. Yes, we can chuck money at them, but so can other teams who finished in better positions than us.

People are really underestimating the damage Roberto Martinez has done to the reputation of Everton.

Right, this infuriates me.

It's pre-season. It's a miracle he's got a new contract - earning millions per annum. He's played in 6% of games in the last 2 years. He should have been sacked on the spot when he ran over a cyclist drunk, in any other profession he would have been. His performances in friendlies have been awful yet he's in a busy kebab shop in the early hours.

Clearly pissed up again, his eyes are diluted, pulling a stupid face and his fly is open. Who actually eats that garbage sober, never mind a "professional athlete".

I'm starting to get the feeling you're on the wind up with your constant defence of all things blue.

'his eyes are diluted'... mate, take a look at your post and how stupid it sounds...

I'm not defending all things blue. I'd personally rather not see the player(s) on a night out but i wouldn't call it a 'disgrace'. You go so overboard on all your criticisms.

I also don't think Gibbo should have been offered a new contract but he has and if Koeman wants to use him that's his decision.

Players on holiday.

But we can go out and buy Messi if he wanted to come....

Yet we're giving Darron Gibson a new two year contract because we might get half a million back on him if we're lucky.

Absolute garbage. Creating mass hysteria to sell season tickets and it's worked.

'his eyes are diluted'... mate, take a look at your post and how stupid it sounds...

I'm not defending all things blue. I'd personally rather not see the player(s) on a night out but i wouldn't call it a 'disgrace'. You go so overboard on all your criticisms.

I also don't think Gibbo should have been offered a new contract but he has and if Koeman wants to use him that's his decision.
It's not stupid is it though - it's clear to see he's been out on the ale.

Unprofessional, unnecessary and he should be working harder than anyone after RUNNING OVER A CYCLIST DRUNK last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back