Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transfer window does not shut until the end of August but Blues No.2 Erwin suggests the club will step up their efforts to sign players this week.

“Ronald and the chairman are very busy with that,” he said.

Deary me....I thought we had got rid of this fella,

Got me thinking about BK, how much say does he have on signings, how much we pay etc?

It's not insanity if he saved us a load of points.

I think quite a few clubs are freaked out right now...the landscape's changed a bit. Nobody wants to get ripped off and everyone wants a premium.

Agreed mate. The preceding post shows that people drop their standards - suddenly.

Panicking on here all over the show willing to suddenly start shelling out on second rate players.

I do wish people would calm down a bit and be a bit more circumspect.

People are freaking out on here for no good reason.

I think it's no coincidence that our transfer targets have drastically changed after Steve Walsh was appointed, and I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing. Yet. We could have gone for a dof who likes to spend big but I think it was a very careful selection. I think we're looking for something similar to Leicester's set up. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have a big money marquee signing unless Lukaku and Stones are sold. Probably looking at several 15-20m players

My understanding and I'm sure others elsewhere will confirm is that Bill has not been involved in the selection of players nor the negotiations. The one exception will be the sale of Stones. The main bulk of work will be done by Koeman and now Walsh. Moshiri has been involved in some of our major targets.

Ok mate, thanks for clearing that up. I see him mentioned it leaves me with a uneasy feeling. The quicker he's fazed out totally the better

Agreed mate. The preceding post shows that people drop their standards - suddenly.

Panicking on here all over the show willing to suddenly start shelling out on second rate players.

I do wish people would calm down a bit and be a bit more circumspect.

People are freaking out on here for no good reason.

I'll start running around in circles shouting "Oh Lordy, Lord" if we haven't signed any quality by the Spurs game.

There's been excuse after excuse put forward (by our fans not the club) as to why no significant signings as yet. For example :

No business (setting up of transfers) until new manager appointed and until after the Euros.
The new manager was on holiday.
Players on holiday.
Players involved in Euros were away on holiday.
Players only just back for training.
Manager needs to assess the squad he's got.
Manager needs to assess players in pre-season games.
Awaiting appointment of new Director of Football.
Potential targets away on tour with current clubs, so can't do proper business until back.
Potential targets can't be properly discussed until 'selling club' bring in marquee signing(s) eg Pogba).
Potential targets holding out for a better deal at Cl club (eg Witsel).
Sky money not released until 1st August.
Have to sell one of our main assets (eg Stones) to meet FFP rules first and free up cash.

So, we should be ready now surely........

With all due respect, people on here are "concerned" that we have no "plan B". Nobody on here knows what our "Plan A" is. People are just guessing, throwing the toys out the pram as we haven't signed anyone. Moshiri, Walsh and Koeman will have a plan - of course they will. What successful businessman is going to invest in a football club and not have one? What Everton have become exceedingly good at is playing their cards close to their chests. We'll find out when the club are ready to announce - anything else is just pure speculation and/or opinion. Maybe the ITKs on various forums are being fed duff information purposely - and that could be part of the secrecy blanket (or to flush out where the information is leaking).

I'm still relaxed - I know those in charge will be doing what is best for the future of Everton. If on deadline day we still haven't signed anyone then I'll start flapping too, but until then....what's the rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back