Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esk, you might be a snake oil salesman or a charlatan but I don´t care. When you say stuff like that you make me so warm inside. If it comes off like you say I´ll give gladly buy you a couple of pints if our paths ever cross.
we cant even wrap up the signing of Idrissa Gana

I´d like to have a buzzer in my home that goes of the moment confirmation of an incoming transfer appears on the OS. In that case I could just relax and get on with my life. The Everton transfer saga of 2016 is eating me alive.

I think we were all expecting signings and they would come thick and fast

I guess this is Everton, nothing runs smoothly...

aye...even The Esk's latest updates are a downer: Szczesny on loan isn't what we had in mind. He became 2nd choice for Arsenal and also 2nd choice for Roma after being caught smoking. Hopefully he's not on the spiral downwards as he was quite good 2-3 years ago.

When the season starts I'll just focus on the pitch...but with no expectations we'll be able to match what Moyes and Bobby did for us....

...which is a bit depressing, as a lot of us supported removing those managers yet we have no indication the (very expensive) replacement and the new owner are gonna improve things.

I don't think @The Esk 's post re. Szczesny was anything other than his opinion?

Has anyone considered Koeman's signings at Southanpton? Perhaps he doesn't like spending too much on players. The most he spend might have been on Van Dijk and relatively speaking its not that much. Could explain a lot. Stones out Fonte/willams in and 40mil in bank, then spend max 15 million on the other players he needs.

But what about what I want???

Think everyone needs to take a deep breath. We're making progress with our major targets and we've got a month of the window left.

Koeman has identified those who will not play a part in the 1st team squad, he has Walsh working on deals and we can fund any purchase we can make.

Still confident of 4 major signings and additions to take us to 8 in with 3 or 4 fringe/not required leaving.

Just worried we get them in very late and end up getting only 2 or 3 points in August when 7 is easily doable. Good start would be very welcome.

We've triggered his release clause, guess we'll hear more tomorrow
it seems a fairly amateurish and half hearted operation within the Everton ranks at the moment considering we triggered this clause early last week that it has not been done.

Are we 'short on the ground' on the transfer committee this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back