Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
5bf.jpg

Whatever anybody says, it's been a terrible summer to be an Everton fan. Somehow it went from our trusted ITK on here telling us we're def signing Mata, Witsel et al, to having less than 2 weeks until the first game and us desperately needing numbers and quality, and said players who were apparently so certain to join us nowhere to be seen and no further rumours to be had. If it was such a sure thing, they'd be here, end of.

Now it's nailed on we go into the season disjointed, with no chemistry in the squad and still looking for more than a handful of players. Even if we sign somebody end of this week, how long until they bed into the squad?

We need a goalkeeper, we need a midfielder, we need a striker, and that's to improve our first eleven. Our squad is full of players earning an absolute fortune who are nowhere near good enough; McGeady, Kone, Niasse, Gibson, Oviedo, Cleverley, Robles. Minimum 250k a week for players who offer nothing, and seemingly no takers.

What has happened to this new market of players we can suddenly afford?

Oh, and our star striker and star defender are both desperate to leave.

The way I see it the board possibly (we have no proof, despite what our friend the Esk claims) has ambitions of signing top players, but for whatever reason we aren't able to sign them. Stock fallen too low? Not able to offer enough in wages? Fees too much?

In light of not being able to attract top players, where are the plan B players? Going into the season with a reserve goalkeeper signed and not a sniff of any quality added to the squad is an embarrassment, Moshiri or no Moshiri.

Last edited:

That scottish paper who are 2nd only to the Guardian in transfer rumour accuracy.

I know you will more than likely post some obscure link which backs up your claims but eff it..... hahahahahahahahaha!

The Guardian and The Times for me are the most reliable as unlike The Sun or The Mirror people won't be buying those papers for the footy news.

could it not be down to the fact that none of the coaching/contractual staff were even in the country at the end of last week that's the reason it hasn't been done?

reportedly had his medical thursday, when the squad flew out. just a theory like
Sensible posts have no place in this thread. It only serves to interrupt my fume at having missed out on players from the Cayman Islands, Ghana, Guyana, and Guiana. Everton is the most inept at transfers in the history of transfers

TBH i see no good reason why the transfer window is still open after the season starts.
Clubs should have to sort their teams out before the 1st game starts and not have to then worry about other clubs buying 3-4 of their best players after finishing all their preperations for the season. Its the most ridiculous idea for the transfer window to close 2 weeks after the season starts and IMO ruins the 1st month of season at least cos teams & players arent settled.
PL or Fifa/UEFA should change the rules.

I know you will more than likely post some obscure link which backs up your claims but eff it..... hahahahahahahahaha!

The Guardian and The Times for me are the most reliable as unlike The Sun or The Mirror people won't be buying those papers for the footy news.

As a regular Graun reader, I can confirm the only news from there is that Man City don't want to bid over 40m for Stones.

Whatever anybody says, it's been a terrible summer to be an Everton fan. Somehow it went from our trusted ITK on here telling us we're def signing Mata, Witsel et al, to having less than 2 weeks until the first game and us desperately needing numbers and quality, and said players who were apparently so certain to join us nowhere to be seen and no further rumours to be had. If it was such a sure thing, they'd be here, end of.

Now it's nailed on we go into the season disjointed, with no chemistry in the squad and still looking for more than a handful of players. Even if we sign somebody end of this week, how long until they bed into the squad?

We need a goalkeeper, we need a midfielder, we need a striker, and that's to improve our first eleven. Our squad is full of players earning an absolute fortune who are nowhere near good enough; McGeady, Kone, Niasse, Oviedo, Cleverley, Robles. 200k a week for players who offer nothing, and seemingly no takers.

The way I see it the board possibly (we have no proof, despite what our friend the Esk claims) has ambitions of signing top players, but for whatever reason we aren't able to sign them. Stock fallen too low? Not able to offer enough in wages? Fees too much?

In light of not being able to attract top players, where are the plan B players? Going into the season with a reserve goalkeeper signed and not a sniff of any quality added to the squad is an embarrassment, Moshiri or no Moshiri.

I Share a fair few of your concerns, but the situation now is what it is and we can only improve from here. I'm at the stage now where I'll view every signing we get as a bonus.

I Share a fair few of your concerns, but the situation now is what it is and we can only improve from here. I'm at the stage now where I'll view every signing we get as a bonus.
Massively concerning. Shambolic to not have had a few names in by now and had them get to know the staff and players. Fans have shown their faith by breaking season ticket records and all they've got in return is silence and Fulham's reserve goalkeeper. Way to go Everton. Just like we were all fed up and had all enthusiasm and excitement sapped from us with the pursuit of Koeman, I am pretty certain any 'big name' signings will be met with "well we still need x more players", etc. A wasted summer and opportunity.

We have a very talented squad...the best Everton squad since the 80s?
Perhaps RK has decided he does not need reinforcements.
...but I for one would love to have a Guyanese in the team

We need a goalkeeper, we need a midfielder, we need a striker, and that's to improve our first eleven. Our squad is full of players earning an absolute fortune who are nowhere near good enough; McGeady, Kone, Niasse, Gibson, Oviedo, Cleverley, Robles. Minimum 250k a week for players who offer nothing, and seemingly no takers.

Heads wobbling all over the place right here folks .

Chill fella Koemans just about assessed the squad.

There will be outs from now , and replacements shortly.Stop panicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back