Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that Juve will have to sell Pogba or they are gonna get creamed by FFP after spending 140-150m Euros already this summer

Why would they ??? They are a rich club!!!

They have currently spent £100 net, and £35 of that wont be paid till next season.

Yep that's a fair point. I think with Suarez in particular but also Ronaldo (I don't know about Bale as much) they got an agreement from them they would give it 100%. If we get that from Lukaku then that's fine. However if he will sulk like he did for the last 10 games I am not sure there's much point keeping him.

Anyway I saw another post you made, were you from near the Bluebell Estate? (Apologies for off topic).

Page moss mate, just off Kingsway

gueye was Registered to a championship club. Whether he played or not is irelevant when the only players signed are from teams who are playing championship football this season.

I don't see it as irrelevant at all. He left a Championship club without playing a single game there because he's too good for that league. That's why we wanted him.

Even Stekelenburg never played in the Championship (Not 100% on that but pretty sure!) he went on loan to Monaco and Saints to stay in top flight football.

Nice one mate. Just been reading Pogba has stated he is staying at Juve. (pinch of salt salt an all that I know) If that's the case then surely that leaves just us in the running?

As others have stated they're definitely selling Pogba.... If Juve do not come in for him he has a choice of us or staying at Zenit either until January or leave as a free agent next summer. I'm not sure he will do this having stayed a year longer than he originally wished to do anyway.

Thanks mate and you. I always thought one of the few weaknesses of Moyes was his inability to trade more, as it was always a strength. Perhaps it's easier to get better at it doing less?

I think you are absolutely right about the negative impact on keeping players. People won't like this but most footballers view all football clubs as stepping Stones. A feeling that you may get stuck with Everton may well prevent younger players, like say a Carvalho more cautious on joining Everton. If we went back on our word with Stones and it gets out there will be an impact.

I think as a general rule our board is very keen to keep Lukaku. It wants to make a statement of intent and keeping him would be. However I sense Koeman will be less keen and the past would indicate if a player wants to leave he won't much time getting rid.

The main gist of my post is really about trying to give a little more underlying context to Stones going and if we were to sell Lukaku what factors may have led to that consideration. On the face of it it looks like "same old Everton". I do think the board was unfortunate to inherit a situation with 2 star names who were seemingly disgruntled. There wasn't an awful lot that could be done about that.

More importantly though as Evertonians we have come to view selling players with enormous suspicion. It was often done begrudgingly at a time when we could see sides who were smaller than us pushing us around. The Lescott affair was particularly galling for that. It seemed to undermine our premise that the historical successes of the past made us a more attractive and bigger club and brutally challenged that shared understanding.

The anger was added too by the fact we had a manager (particularly Moyes but also Martinez) who cherished the idea of having a settled squad. He never wanted much money but just wanted to get ti keep his players. Alongside that it felt as if we had to sell players because we were in desperate trouble financially, or we had to way of recruiting without doing so. Essentially we had a board with no plan for growth relying on an overperforming manager to keep us treading water.

It’s easy to see how frustration kicked in. As I keep saying though I do think the situation is different now and more importantly I think we need to shift our view to losing players. What angered people was not selling players, but not being able to effectively dictate the terms with which they left. We now have a manager who is happy to trade and a board with a vision for the future not dependent on flogging a star every couple of years to give the illusion of good performance. As a knock on affect a board that will not enforce restrictions or decisions on the manager.

When I see Koeman I don’t see a manager who looks on the brink of suicide which is how Moyes would often look in pre season. As yet none of the big deals have come off but he looks as if he is a manager in control and comfortable with how the process is going. In any business, being told you have to lose staff is very different to you pro-actively deciding that members of staff can be moved along at a time that is most suitable. From the outside looking in it can look very similar but they are worlds apart.

As for Lukaku he may well stay but the “money can’t buy you Stones” rhetoric is great for a song but in reality doesn’t make sense. There will be a figure even our desire to look make a statement becomes unnecessary. I’m not saying that figure is 70 million but a number does exist. For me if he wishes to leave the 70 million figures works well for me. If he wants to stay and work hard (and sign a Contract) then I think we can reject it. What I don’t want though, is halfway through next season if we are not in the top 4 Lukaku has a sulk and decides to stop trying and makes out we are holding him back.

Wwwwaaaaayyyyyy too big

As others have stated they're definitely selling Pogba.... If Juve do not come in for him he has a choice of us or staying at Zenit either until January or leave as a free agent next summer. I'm not sure he will do this having stayed a year longer than he originally wished to do anyway.
As an aside - we're in for both Carvhalo AND Adrien Silva? Interesting. Possible?

I don't see it as irrelevant at all. He left a Championship club without playing a single game there because he's too good for that league. That's why we wanted him.

Even Stekelenburg never played in the Championship (Not 100% on that but pretty sure!) he went on loan to Monaco and Saints to stay in top flight football.

Stem never did Fulham had to loan him as they couldn't afford to pay his wages mate

Only 10 days to go. I'm a little worried. Especially on the goalkeeper front. Other things may be out of our hands somewhat but stevie wonder could see we needed a reliable number 1 this year.

As for the other transfers. All will be forgiven if we land mata. But I'm frustrated as it stands.

I haven't lowered my expectations mate, in fact I usually get criticised for not having done so lol.

The end of the window is when the analysis is done, not the beginning of the season. My opinion is that the two should coincide but that's a different subject.

It's very clear we made a very large bid early in the process and that stands. It's also clear we've discussed personal terms and had agreement only for his demands to change.

Esk, you posted that tweet about Adrien and Carvalho, have you heard of interest in Adrien before? Someone who i work with is over form Portugal and they said that it was common talk there!

Doubt he would do that myself personally. A lot could change in a year, Juve may not want him, could get injured etc. Big gamble on his behalf if he does. Do you think Juve can afford him if even if they sell pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back