Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are not good enough to be first team players any more. What's the point in keeping someone you can't depend on just to make up the numbers.

I'd rather see a young lad given a chance than holding on to "has beens" (for want of a kinder term) just in case we need cover

Because they offer negative performances.

But them leaving hasn't made us any stronger which was the original point. The kids to replace them would have still been there.

So this may be total pie in the sky stuff but I was having a look at our current squad and thought it was interesting.

When just looking at players that have been given numbers we have the following:

28 Players with numbers
7 U21 Players
8 Homegrown Players

This means we've currently named 21 of a possible 25 man squad (full complement allowed due to number of HG players)

Stones (HG) has been heavily linked with a move away.
Lennon (HG) has been linked with a move to Sunderland
Cleverley (HG) is a player that quite a lot of people don't want around the team anymore
Barry (HG) looks to not be in line for a full season in the first team after the signing of Gueye

IF these 4 were to move on, then we would either need to bring in homegrown players as replacements or sell other members of the squad in order to add reinforcements.

Even if only Stones moved on this leaves us with just 3 spaces in the squad for non HG players.

Anyway, without rambling on this suggests to me that if we do the amount of business that we are expecting that we do - as well as the players that have not received a squad number there will probably be a handful of exits of players that have been given a number.

More than likely this is why we are looking at the likes of Williams to come in, since he has homegrown status.

On top of this, since there are a number of promising youngsters that may be given a chance in and around the team, there is every chance that Koeman does not intend to have 25 senior players in his squad.... if this is the case then we can expect even more exits to balance any incoming players and this may be one of the factors that is slowing down the acquisition of players (finding homes for players like Kone et al.)

So this may be total pie in the sky stuff but I was having a look at our current squad and thought it was interesting.

When just looking at players that have been given numbers we have the following:

28 Players with numbers
7 U21 Players
8 Homegrown Players

This means we've currently named 21 of a possible 25 man squad (full complement allowed due to number of HG players)

Stones (HG) has been heavily linked with a move away.
Lennon (HG) has been linked with a move to Sunderland
Cleverley (HG) is a player that quite a lot of people don't want around the team anymore
Barry (HG) looks to not be in line for a full season in the first team after the signing of Gueye

IF these 4 were to move on, then we would either need to bring in homegrown players as replacements or sell other members of the squad in order to add reinforcements.

Even if only Stones moved on this leaves us with just 3 spaces in the squad for non HG players.

Anyway, without rambling on this suggests to me that if we do the amount of business that we are expecting that we do - as well as the players that have not received a squad number there will probably be a handful of exits of players that have been given a number.

More than likely this is why we are looking at the likes of Williams to come in, since he has homegrown status.

On top of this, since there are a number of promising youngsters that may be given a chance in and around the team, there is every chance that Koeman does not intend to have 25 senior players in his squad.... if this is the case then we can expect even more exits to balance any incoming players and this may be one of the factors that is slowing down the acquisition of players (finding homes for players like Kone et al.)
Think Lukaku counts as HG as well. Qualifies by playing in England for 3 years under the age of 21.

But them leaving hasn't made us any stronger which was the original point. The kids to replace them would have still been there.
How do you reply to two post at one time? Been doing my head in since I joined GOT, only just plucked up the courage to ask

Think Lukaku counts as HG as well. Qualifies by playing in England for 3 years under the age of 21.

He does, Lukaku, Baines, Jags and Ross are the other 4 HG players but I was working under the assumption that these 4 will definitely remain in the squad (some might disagree on Lukaku but I'm confident that he'll be staying)

He does, Lukaku, Baines, Jags and Ross are the other 4 HG players but I was working under the assumption that these 4 will definitely remain in the squad (some might disagree on Lukaku but I'm confident that he'll be staying)

A lot will depend IMO anyway on what happens with people we are tryig to bring in

Interestingly is Begovic classed as home grown? was at Portsmouth when he was 18 getting farmed out on loans...

Wish everyone would stop talking about swap deals.

When was the last (high profile) one that actually happened?

Eto'o/Ibrahimovic in like 2009?

And in England? Has there ever been one? People go on about Torres/Garcia at Liverpool, but that wasn't a swap, they were unrelated deals
ok ask for 50 mil for stones then offer15 plus for ineanacho if they say no pull the plug on both deals does that make you happy

A lot will depend IMO anyway on what happens with people we are tryig to bring in

Interestingly is Begovic classed as home grown? was at Portsmouth when he was 18 getting farmed out on loans...

Oh absolutely, this isn't the main driving factor for our transfers by any stretch but I just thought that it was something interesting to keep in mind.

I'd be curious as to who people would like gone from the squad if it becomes necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back