Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how people can conclude that losing first team players like Pienaar and Howard has made us stronger? The people who believe this nonsense will say "Well, they were very poor and offered nothing last season". Yes, but they were poor due to age catching up on them, and as we have failed to replace either of them yet we are significantly weaker! Losing a top player like Pienaar and your first choice goalkeeper is not good news at all!

Because they offer negative performances.

giphy.gif

Sign some boss players please Everton.

Because they are not good enough to be first team players any more. What's the point in keeping someone you can't depend on just to make up the numbers.

I'd rather see a young lad given a chance than holding on to "has beens" (for want of a kinder term) just in case we need cover

But they were good players; good players who played a considerable part in our relative upper mid-table success under Moyes, and they haven’t been replaced with anybody at all! It is absolutely beyond me how this can be described as good news, or how someone could conclude that failing to replace these good players has left us stronger.

I think we basically have 3 options...

A-- Keep him but with half an eye on selling him next season. Doesnt seem a koeman type player despite his goals and i think he will go if we dont hit top 4. Gives us time to find replacements.

B-- Sell him and go for someone proven in this league or elsewhere like a lacazette but as we can see these guys go for £25-40mil and arent a patch on lukaku and even with two of them for the money we know they wont be top notch.

C-- Search for new talent. I think we should be using Walsh not solely for bargains but also for the next Shearer, Neymar etc...look at these Brazilians and Portuguese kids who are coming through and others like Dembele and Martial. Not cheap players but we could be effective at getting them in just before they become famous....martinez wanted martial on a loan to buy but was rejected.

I would prefer to keep lukaku for a season and then sell if necessary and use the money for 2 of the next superstars to come through and hopefully by then we will be in a superior position than now.
get iheanacho as part of the stones deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back