Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a real shame this, very Brexit. 'Someone else will vote for Remain for me while I exercise the dark little spite in my heart'.

Let's not palm it all off on the council. The community has built Everton, let's give something back, perhaps £1-2m a year or something in local development funding. I'd prefer £10m rather than give it to Riola and co.

An interesting concept, however I much prefer the option of taking that £10 Million and splitting it between those registered on GOT, so that we can travel the world and spread the word of Everton FC in a sort of Jehovahs Witness knocking on doors sort of style.

But we are still allowed to get bevvied and do deviant things - obviously!

An interesting concept, however I much prefer the option of taking that £10 Million and splitting it between those registered on GOT, so that we can travel the world and spread the word of Everton FC in a sort of Jehovahs Witness knocking on doors sort of style.

But we are still allowed to get bevvied and do deviant things - obviously!

Hmm, I'd worry about one or two on here any money directly.

Let's withdraw funding for GOTTV or GOTNN or whatever it is called, set up a huge fund, and people can claim back their travel expenses in a way that can be easily audited

Lyon have already turned down two seperate bids of around 31-32m for Lacazette, and turned them down flat mate, he will cost 40m + (latest has him linked with a second Arsenal bid of 35m for example)
Batshuayi cost 33m for someone less proven than Lacazette is
Milik just went for 30m - someone with basicaly one very good season in the Netherlands to his name so far.
Janssen who had one amazing second half of a season and has otherwise been nothing special so far- just went for 18m

The supply and demand for strikers who have any ability right now has gone throught the roof, combined with a lot more money floating around - mainly coming via prem clubs spreading their 'wealth' to other countries, prices for any Lukaku replacement with any sort of pedigree will almost make it pointless to sell as we'll end up having to pay 40m for what effectively is a gamble on a striker

Ageed.

after watching the complete dross in dresden, then im thinking koeman wants a complete overhaul, not just one or two signings. we were THAT bad.

I can't understand how people can conclude that losing first team players like Pienaar and Howard has made us stronger? The people who believe this nonsense will say "Well, they were very poor and offered nothing last season". Yes, but they were poor due to age catching up on them, and as we have failed to replace either of them yet we are significantly weaker! Losing a top player like Pienaar and your first choice goalkeeper is not good news at all!

I can't understand how people can conclude that losing first team players like Pienaar and Howard has made us stronger? The people who believe this nonsense will say "Well, they were very poor and offered nothing last season". Yes, but they were poor due to age catching up on them, and as we have failed to replace either of them yet we are significantly weaker! Losing a top player like Pienaar and your first choice goalkeeper is not good news at all!

Because they are not good enough to be first team players any more. What's the point in keeping someone you can't depend on just to make up the numbers.

I'd rather see a young lad given a chance than holding on to "has beens" (for want of a kinder term) just in case we need cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back