Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all well and good but until you test the water and bridge the financial gap with bigger clubs that functioning club will be where we are now mid table.

But we'd be comfortably mid-table with an excellent financial foundation, allowing us to contribute real value to the local community.

What does spending money willy-nilly like Chelsea and City really teach our youngsters? If you want something, don't save for it, just bid until you fiscally bully the seller? Might as well give all five year olds a credit card to be honest.

Iron-Meh.jpg

I for one am glad Everton are bucking the trend and are now entering a new era of fiscal responsibility.

Why buy a goalkeeper when you can get one for free?

Why buy expensive players when you can roll the dice on a lad who has good stats?

£125m in for Lukaku and Stones will probably keep us functioning as a club for at least five years.
Half a stadium right there 125 million.

Kone has a few years left, he will do. Gibson and barry are model pros and worst case scenario we have Hibbert and osman ready to play at a moments notice.

I'm starting to get the feeling that beyond the bare minimum we need to survive in the league, Everton has absolutely no interest in buying players.

I know it's blasphemy but I actually feel there was more urgency about Martinez first summer.

Would I be completely wrong in suggesting Koeman was brought in because he's willing to work on a limited budget?

You had me sold on selling until you named his replacements :(

Fair play mate, I don't think the replacements are the critical part of the discussion. You have a far wider understanding of the football world than myself and with respect I imagine our scouting network probably even broader than either of us. There will be players available. I picked 2-3 names out who are "proven" in the premier league as I do think there is a price worth paying with that.

In the end it depends which Lukaku terms up. Lukaku who played most of last season is irreplaceable. Lukaku of the last 3 months who wants away is a waste of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back