Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half a stadium right there 125 million.

Kone has a few years left, he will do. Gibson and barry are model pros and worst case scenario we have Hibbert and osman ready to play at a moments notice.

To be honest, we've already risked a fair amount of money on a player who was relegated last season - £7.2m is likely to be at least, say, 70% of the budget on current projections.

'sell to buy... sell to buy... waaa moshiri waaa' etc etc. What's wrong with earn to save? £47m profit on Stones, £37m (even £47m maybe!) profit on Lukaku, stick it all in the bank, earn a few % per year, re-invest it in the local area.

We were once innovators, leaders, good community club. Let's get that back. Let's re-identify as Everton.

From the day of his release clause being activated to signing the contract, the Gueye transfer took 7 days. In the middle of that, Everton were away on tour in Germany. So, say, 5 days is the norm for getting new players over the line, unless significant groundwork has already been completed on key targets?

To be honest, we've already risked a fair amount of money on a player who was relegated last season - £7.2m is likely to be at least, say, 70% of the budget on current projections.

'sell to buy... sell to buy... waaa moshiri waaa' etc etc. What's wrong with earn to save? £47m profit on Stones, £37m (even £47m maybe!) profit on Lukaku, stick it all in the bank, earn a few % per year, re-invest it in the local area.

We were once innovators, leaders, good community club. Let's get that back. Let's re-identify as Everton.

Reinvest in local area.....huh!!!!!

Isn't that the councils job? We're a football club, I want to win trophies mate.

Reinvest in local area.....huh!!!!!

Isn't that the councils job?
We're a football club, I want to win trophies mate.

It's a real shame this, very Brexit. 'Someone else will vote for Remain for me while I exercise the dark little spite in my heart'.

Let's not palm it all off on the council. The community has built Everton, let's give something back, perhaps £1-2m a year or something in local development funding. I'd prefer £10m rather than give it to Riola and co.

It's a real shame this, very Brexit. 'Someone else will vote for Remain for me while I exercise the dark little spite in my heart'.

Let's not palm it all off on the council. The community has built Everton, let's give something back, perhaps £1-2m a year or something in local development funding. I'd prefer £10m rather than give it to Riola and co.

Naa, we're a football club, I understand our responsibility to the community around us, but I want to win trophies, we've waited long enough

Fair play mate, I don't think the replacements are the critical part of the discussion. You have a far wider understanding of the football world than myself and with respect I imagine our scouting network probably even broader than either of us. There will be players available. I picked 2-3 names out who are "proven" in the premier league as I do think there is a price worth paying with that.

In the end it depends which Lukaku terms up. Lukaku who played most of last season is irreplaceable. Lukaku of the last 3 months who wants away is a waste of a player.

I think we basically have 3 options...

A-- Keep him but with half an eye on selling him next season. Doesnt seem a koeman type player despite his goals and i think he will go if we dont hit top 4. Gives us time to find replacements.

B-- Sell him and go for someone proven in this league or elsewhere like a lacazette but as we can see these guys go for £25-40mil and arent a patch on lukaku and even with two of them for the money we know they wont be top notch.

C-- Search for new talent. I think we should be using Walsh not solely for bargains but also for the next Shearer, Neymar etc...look at these Brazilians and Portuguese kids who are coming through and others like Dembele and Martial. Not cheap players but we could be effective at getting them in just before they become famous....martinez wanted martial on a loan to buy but was rejected.

I would prefer to keep lukaku for a season and then sell if necessary and use the money for 2 of the next superstars to come through and hopefully by then we will be in a superior position than now.

Naa, we're a football club, I understand our responsibility to the community around us, but I want to win trophies, we've waited long enough

But we've done the whole 'chuck money at it' approach - Naisse springs to mind.

Let's try something holistic. I'm thinking Everton Yoga in the Community, a novel was to engage with the locals while also improving social and physical mobility.

But we've done the whole 'chuck money at it' approach - Naisse springs to mind.

Let's try something holistic. I'm thinking Everton Yoga in the Community, a novel was to engage with the locals while also improving social and physical mobility.

Yup, I'm sure the silverware will start flooding in.

Hopefully we can get Williams done before we play the Spuds.
I dont think there will be any more signings after that til Niasse, McGeady etc have been moved on.

Look at it objectively.

In
Idrissa Gueye - £7.2m
Maarten Stekelenburg - £850k

Out
Tim Howard - Free
Felipe Mattinoni - Free
Tony Hibbert - Retired
Leon Osman - Retired
Steven Pienaar - Free

Looking at that, we've already improved our squad. One or two more (pending no sales) and I think we'll be there or there abouts.

after watching the complete dross in dresden, then im thinking koeman wants a complete overhaul, not just one or two signings. we were THAT bad.

I think we basically have 3 options...

A-- Keep him but with half an eye on selling him next season. Doesnt seem a koeman type player despite his goals and i think he will go if we dont hit top 4. Gives us time to find replacements.

B-- Sell him and go for someone proven in this league or elsewhere like a lacazette but as we can see these guys go for £25-40mil and arent a patch on lukaku and even with two of them for the money we know they wont be top notch.

C-- Search for new talent. I think we should be using Walsh not solely for bargains but also for the next Shearer, Neymar etc...look at these Brazilians and Portuguese kids who are coming through and others like Dembele and Martial. Not cheap players but we could be effective at getting them in just before they become famous....martinez wanted martial on a loan to buy but was rejected.

I would prefer to keep lukaku for a season and then sell if necessary and use the money for 2 of the next superstars to come through and hopefully by then we will be in a superior position than now.

Lyon have already turned down two seperate bids of around 31-32m for Lacazette, and turned them down flat mate, he will cost 40m + (latest has him linked with a second Arsenal bid of 35m for example)
Batshuayi cost 33m for someone less proven than Lacazette is
Milik just went for 30m - someone with basicaly one very good season in the Netherlands to his name so far.
Janssen who had one amazing second half of a season and has otherwise been nothing special so far- just went for 18m

The supply and demand for strikers who have any ability right now has gone throught the roof, combined with a lot more money floating around - mainly coming via prem clubs spreading their 'wealth' to other countries, prices for any Lukaku replacement with any sort of pedigree will almost make it pointless to sell as we'll end up having to pay 40m for what effectively is a gamble on a striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back