Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we get smashed tonight more peoples heads will fall off as the realisation kicks in that everything will be the same

Arent you putting a bit too much importance on a jokey testimonial where Rooney will probably play a half for both teams and we will probably see cameos from ex players on both sides

Its even less important than a friendly result where most of the team gets changed at half time and is more about pre season fitness than results

Some people take pre season matches too seriously

It hasn't made us stronger but it hasn't made us weaker either in my humble opinion

They were good players once but not now. Yes Dymak they played their part under Moyes but that was a while ago now.

You can only register so many players for the season. I'd rather see those spots go to younger players than hang onto the past.

I'd rather they were replaced with players of at least the same standard, but prefererbly of a standard capable of competing in the top four of the premier league. None of our currently available replacements come anywhere close to meeting either such standard, and we are therefore even weaker in those positions than we were last year.

Almost. 18 goals last year which is the same that relegated QPR got from Charlie Austin a couple of seasons ago.

I think it's a myth though that you need to have a 20+ goal scorer to win in the league. Arsenal haven't had a 20+ goal scorer since 11-12 and they've finished 4th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd since then.

So basically your saying Arsenal havent had one in those years and they also havent won the league in those years, not sure how this proves your point mate really

We need to do everything in our power to keep Lukaku. Goalscorers are the most sought after commodity in football. If we do sell him it will end up with us replacing him with 2-3 players of less quality, since no A-list striker will join us this summer.

So basically your saying Arsenal havent had one in those years and they also havent won the league in those years, not sure how this proves your point mate really

It proves that you can finish high in the table without one. Just as we did all those years of finishing in European places.

To win the league, I would agree though. Really at the end of the day, a team's defensive record is more important to finishing in European places.

We've only brought in 2 so far and we'll finish the window with 8 incomings, as well as shipping out most of the deadwood.

The next few weeks are going to be boss (apart from the opening PL games when we get spanked by teams who have already brought their players in).
This is what I find so peculiar with everyone saying "it's no big deal that the season will be 3 games deep by the time the window closes so who cares if we don't get them in before Spurs?"

Points in August count exactly the same as points in May. It's like Martinez' "goals from corners shouldn't be worth the same as open play". At the very least, the keeper situation should have been addressed a few weeks after Koeman came in. I doubt we'll bring in anyone of actual quality at this point in that position because there's not a lot of time left to bring in a replacement for that team either.

This is what I find so peculiar with everyone saying "it's no big deal that the season will be 3 games deep by the time the window closes so who cares if we don't get them in before Spurs?"

Points in August count exactly the same as points in May. It's like Martinez' "goals from corners shouldn't be worth the same as open play". At the very least, the keeper situation should have been addressed a few weeks after Koeman came in. I doubt we'll bring in anyone of actual quality at this point in that position because there's not a lot of time left to bring in a replacement for that team either.

there's a month left...

stop obsessing with the start of the season as the closing point. more business gets done in the last few weeks of the window than early on...

our squad is more than good enough to get results from the first three or four games (inc. lg cup)

there's a month left...

stop obsessing with the start of the season as the closing point. more business gets done in the last few weeks of the window than early on...

our squad is more than good enough to get results from the first three or four games (inc. lg cup)

I don't really agree, I think you should have your full squad and signings ready for day one. Couple of bad results in the first few games and it's extremely difficult to catch up.

there's a month left...

Are you sure about that? Our defensive side is fine? Our keeper? You feel confident bringing Spurs to Goodison with Robles or Stickleback in goal?

Think that's wildly optimistic if anything..

Dismissing the start of the season is a great way to play catchup before it even really begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back