Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure about that? Our defensive side is fine? Our keeper? You feel confident bringing Spurs to Goodison with Robles or Stickleback in goal?

Think that's wildly optimistic if anything..

Dismissing the start of the season is a great way to play catchup before it even really begins.

we didn't lose vs Spurs last year (twice) with chuffing Howard in.

Stop fretting. Two or three signings coming in that wouldn't have likely featured straight away anyway won't change that.

We've signed a player this week and by the looks of it could well sign another, if not more. Nothing was likely to be done today due to the game.

chill out

Ha can't believe people wanting us to sell our only forward, less than 2 weeks before the start of the season, for what £70m ? Sounds nice £70m, until you realise, we have had a supposed £100m burning a hole in our chairman's pocket for the past month, struggling to buy anyone really, let alone a top striker who are like gold dust. Please wake up we need to tell Chelsea to do one, we don't need to sell.

Then you really should know that Ball was not signed for peanuts mate, the complete opposite in fact, the most expensive signing in football at the time we bought him.

Be like in 50 years time a United fan on a forum saying they miss the days when they signed bargains and players for peanuts like when they signed Pogba from Juve
I know Sky especially have had a massive impact on money in the premier league but interesting to note that the £110,000 we signed Bally for in 1966 would be the equivalent of £ 1.7 million today.
Wow 50 Ballys for a Pogba

I don't really agree, I think you should have your full squad and signings ready for day one. Couple of bad results in the first few games and it's extremely difficult to catch up.

no, it isn't... and why are we gonna get bad results?

new manager, new style of play that actually suits our best players, everybody but Jags fit and raring to go.

yes, we need signings. and we'll get them in. but fgs people are really starting to panic when there's no need at all.

we could sign Messi on deadline day and people still wouldn't be happy it wasn't done before the start of the season.

I'd rather they were replaced with players of at least the same standard, but prefererbly of a standard capable of competing in the top four of the premier league. None of our currently available replacements come anywhere close to meeting either such standard, and we are therefore even weaker in those positions than we were last year.

What standard? I think you're looking at them with blue tinted glasses

Both were great servants but performances dropped to a level where they were at best anonymous and at worst a liability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back