Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

It isn't negativity though, it's realism. The squad is in an awful state, and the notion that it is the best in 30 years is preposterous. This is evidenced by the fact that it has failed to reach even the top half of the table for the last two consecutive years, and by the fact that Koeman is clearly trying to overhaul central midfield and our defence. The reason he is targeting those positions is because the players that currently occupy those positions are so far below the standard that is required to compete beyond midtable in the Premier League.

We will see a repeat of the last two god awful seasons unless we bring in quality players to REPLACE the sub standard dross that we have at the moment. You are quite entitled to delude yourself into thinking otherwise, but the truth is that without such changes we will be battling it out with Stoke and Crystal Palace for 10th place.

If the new players come, then fine, we may be able to progress beyond midtable. But until that happens, I don't see any point in continuing the two year long delusion that everything is great, when it clearly isn't.

That doesnt really address anything in my post Sir

Its merely a repeat of the same moan

Poor post

Nah. Plus be away for ACON. Better than Clev to be fair but still not a fan. Plus they won't sell as he's their only recognised CF

That's a funny one that, I'd always thought he was a winger and then they started playing him up top. He's not the biggest fella but his work-rate and the timing of his runs made him fairly successful in that position a bit like Deulofeu has looked for us in Preseason.

That ACON does my head in, bloody southern hemisphere folks.

Don't get it. I'm not called Clark to start with but I'm serious about Giroud for sure.

More so than Dost, Gomez or anyone else mentioned today Mandzukic aside.

Forget about his numbers for a second, have you watched the man actually play? I find it crazy that people are willing to let go of a proven 23 year old goal scorer and replace him with inferior players.

Forget about his numbers for a second, have you watched the man actually play? I find it crazy that people are willing to let go of a proven 23 year old goal scorer and replace him with inferior players.

My opinion on Rom's replacement is purely down to press speculation that we are to sell him. Call it a bit of fun or fantasy football if you will. I'd keep him personally. As for inferior ultimately Rom and Girouds careers will be poles apart but right now they're on par. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back