Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's frustrating but giving up on our main targets and getting in lesser quality players because we can get them in before the start of the season is a good way to waste our resources and stunt our progress.

If we get some of our main targets in towards the end of the window they'll gain us more points over the other 34 games of the season, than we lose through 'maybe' having a bad first month.

I know it's hard to be patient but we'll benefit way more through getting in the right players that can push us forward over the next few years than just getting players in that are easier to buy early in the window.
But how much time are we prepared to give our 'main targets'. If they won't come now, what is there too suggest they will come at the end of the window? The lesser quality players you refer to might have been snapped up by other clubs, come the end of the season and where will that leave us? If anything is to be learnt from this pre-season, is that we have to conduct our transfer business earlier in the window. We can't just blame the euros for the lack of activity, as a number of other clubs have strengthened their squads.

What standard? I think you're looking at them with blue tinted glasses

Both were great servants but performances dropped to a level where they were at best anonymous and at worst a liability

Are you deliberately being obtuse? They were good players and they need to be replaced to at least the level that they were producing during their prime, but in all reality they have to be even better than that. Replacing them with weaker players will quite clearly make us weaker.

We should've learnt this lesson already. Anyone with any sense was imploring our club to get the deals done early.

Missed opportunity...again.

If anything is to be learnt from this pre-season, is that we have to conduct our transfer business earlier in the window. We can't just blame the euros for the lack of activity, as a number of other clubs have strengthened their squads.

But how much time are we prepared to give our 'main targets'. If they won't come now, what is there too suggest they will come at the end of the window? The lesser quality players you refer to might have been snapped up by other clubs, come the end of the season and where will that leave us? If anything is to be learnt from this pre-season, is that we have to conduct our transfer business earlier in the window. We can't just blame the euros for the lack of activity, as a number of other clubs have strengthened their squads.

That's the trick. I've got faith in Moshiri and Koeman though, they both seem really intelligent. They'll know if they wait too long it could backfire.

That doesnt really address anything in my post Sir

Its merely a repeat of the same moan

Poor post

It was a rebuttal to your post. You classed my realism as negativity and I disagreed. I can't be arsed providing you with the numerous references of zealous fawning over Roberto Martinez and the best side in 30 years that were plentiful until around March of this year. Search for them yourself, they won't be in short supply. Not everyone wants to be called a bed wetter or threatened with excommunication if they don't agree with people's delusions either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back