Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's crystal clear though is that our central midfield is weak as piss and needs improving asap. Barkley should be number 10, but we desperately need some creativity behind him and also a player who'll soak up the pressure and get the ball rolling forwards. Barry won't play every game this season (our current best player in that role) and McCarthy, Besic and Gibson aren't up to the job. I hope big money is spent on sorting a proven quality player in that position.

What's crystal clear though is that our central midfield is weak as piss and needs improving asap. Barkley should be number 10, but we desperately need some creativity behind him and also a player who'll soak up the pressure and get the ball rolling forwards. Barry won't play every game this season (our current best player in that role) and McCarthy, Besic and Gibson aren't up to the job. I hope big money is spent on sorting a proven quality player in that position.

Think Gibson will be shipped off mate. Koeman has given him a go in pre-season but yes, we desperately need a 'box to box' player who is actually capable of making things happen - which I think is why we're holding out so much/for so long on Witsel. He's ideal and would improve us.

We've still got plenty of time in the window so I do think we'll get one in, but nothing wrong with holding out for our priority target.

Think Gibson will be shipped off mate. Koeman has given him a go in pre-season but yes, we desperately need a 'box to box' player who is actually capable of making things happen - which I think is why we're holding out so much/for so long on Witsel. He's ideal and would improve us.

We've still got plenty of time in the window so I do think we'll get one in, but nothing wrong with holding out for our priority target.
Would be buzzing if Gibson was shipped out and some daft team came in with 10m for Besic or 15m for McCarthy. Get two quality midfielders in, have Barry for one final season and get Ross in the equation too.

Would have brilliant options then.

Dunno why people keep saying this. He's only just signed a new contract, I doubt he'll be going anywhere this season.

The contract was pre-agreed by the club mate before Koeman even joined. He's been given a go in pre-season and, while he may not be put 'up for sale', I think if anybody came in for him he will be off.

no truth in it Mikey.

The Mirror are linking us with a move (to buy) for him.

I seriously doubt we'll go for him at all.

Personally, as long as it's not as a replacement for Rom, then would take Benteke all day long, not as good as he was pre injury, but still an effective striekr intnhe right system, plus not a hint of him being a nob either which is a plus in a squad game

Today in the gossip from the rags.......we are selling Stones.....we are selling Lukaku.....we might be in a war for Benteke with Sunderland........and that is it (Alan Partridge style shrug)

Personally, as long as it's not as a replacement for Rom, then would take Benteke all day long, not as good as he was pre injury, but still an effective striekr intnhe right system, plus not a hint of him being a nob either which is a plus in a squad game

true but I can't see them selling/loaning to us mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back