Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned that you were upset 'mirinda' joined Palace...do you mean the awful Mandanda?

Would also be happy with Begovic who hasnt had a good game in over 2 years....then additionallt want Martins-Indi who is hated at his club by the fans...

Have you seen any of them play or just going off guesswork?

People are upset and clutching at straws Zat.

I honestly think there's a lot more going on than the media know about but we still fall for every rumour they make up and panic when they come to nothing.

His mind must be all over the shop not knowing if he is coming or going and Koeman clearly loves him or would have benched him instead of playing him in the last three/four games.

He has a place in the team and Koeman has obviously told him that but transfers drag and I bet he is conflicted at the moment with change at Everton and being a 50 million player.

Again.... what lad?

Can't read minds lol

Lukaku has been told by RK that he will not be sold. EFC not even prepared to discuss it. Marked contrast to Stones who will be sold if City match our price. Watch out for Adrien Rabiot who will see less playing time at PSG with Krychowiak on board.

Tidy little player every time I've seen him

You mentioned that you were upset 'mirinda' joined Palace...do you mean the awful Mandanda?

Would also be happy with Begovic who hasnt had a good game in over 2 years....then additionallt want Martins-Indi who is hated at his club by the fans...

Have you seen any of them play or just going off guesswork?

I think we need to be realistic with signings. We are not where we want to be as a club and have a lot of work to undo Martinez's tenure.

I think Begovic is quality. martins - Indi I just thought was a beast but no i do not know enough.

I just do not think that YET we are a club who can challenge and offer for players like Koulibaly and Carv and even Witsel is holding out. We will get there but our as fans we need to be realistic with what we can achieve and attract right now.

People are upset and clutching at straws Zat.

I honestly think there's a lot more going on than the media know about but we still fall for every rumour they make up and panic when they come to nothing.

Lets see....the links are quite pathetic other than the 6 week old news on the good ones

Stek/Gibson/Gueye and Williams is quite funny when you think about it...

His mind must be all over the shop not knowing if he is coming or going and Koeman clearly loves him or would have benched him instead of playing him in the last three/four games.

He has a place in the team and Koeman has obviously told him that but transfers drag and I bet he is conflicted at the moment with change at Everton and being a 50 million player.

Playing him now is about getting the best price for him mate, we bench him the basically we're telling city they have him and they'll not raise there offer. All brinkmanship now.

Everton have always been as tight as a ducks proverbial when it comes to transfers. Unlike other clubs who use the media as part of their transfer strategy, the media seldom call Everton stuff right. There is undoubtedly lots going on that nobody knows or is likely to find out until a player turns up at FF.

I think we need to be realistic with signings. We are not where we want to be as a club and have a lot of work to undo Martinez's tenure.

I think Begovic is quality. martins - Indi I just thought was a beast but no i do not know enough.

I just do not think that YET we are a club who can challenge and offer for players like Koulibaly and Carv and even Witsel is holding out. We will get there but our as fans we need to be realistic with what we can achieve and attract right now.

If we sign Begovic i will have a bet that we wont get 6th no matter who else we sign...Martins indi is a disaster mate...titus bramble esque.

Lukaku has been told by RK that he will not be sold. EFC not even prepared to discuss it. Marked contrast to Stones who will be sold if City match our price. Watch out for Adrien Rabiot who will see less playing time at PSG with Krychowiak on board.

If Rabiot was available we need to call his mum....fast.

ixnItFY
I would absolutely [Poor language removed] my pants if he came here

I think we basically have 3 options...

A-- Keep him but with half an eye on selling him next season. Doesnt seem a koeman type player despite his goals and i think he will go if we dont hit top 4. Gives us time to find replacements.

B-- Sell him and go for someone proven in this league or elsewhere like a lacazette but as we can see these guys go for £25-40mil and arent a patch on lukaku and even with two of them for the money we know they wont be top notch.

C-- Search for new talent. I think we should be using Walsh not solely for bargains but also for the next Shearer, Neymar etc...look at these Brazilians and Portuguese kids who are coming through and others like Dembele and Martial. Not cheap players but we could be effective at getting them in just before they become famous....martinez wanted martial on a loan to buy but was rejected.

I would prefer to keep lukaku for a season and then sell if necessary and use the money for 2 of the next superstars to come through and hopefully by then we will be in a superior position than now.

I think option C is one we should consider very closely more broadly if we can't get deals done. A mix of experienced premier league lads with a couple of high potential young players (Bazoer, Ziyech, Praet, Teilemans etc).

I think the other two points come back to the original premise of my post though, which is it depends on Lukaku. If he is interested he is better than anything we can get. If he's not on board he won't be. I think you can make quite an effective team without having a star striker and also get decent numbers out of people if they are committed and play to their strengths. See Jamie Vardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back