Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku has been told by RK that he will not be sold. EFC not even prepared to discuss it. Marked contrast to Stones who will be sold if City match our price. Watch out for Adrien Rabiot who will see less playing time at PSG with Krychowiak on board.
Rabiot on the radar on just personal choice pal? Be a large q for him I reckon

Benteke might not be a glamour option but he's a massive upgrade on Kone and Niasse. I'd have him on loan as backup to Rom.
Impressed me when at Villa and I was certain he would improve at the RS.
Maybe he has just given up the way Belgians are prone to doing.
Can't really be classed as one of them, so why not if Koeman can get him motivated.

ixnItFY
I would absolutely [Poor language removed] my pants if he came here
...is that you @ProZ ?

Impressed me when at Villa and I was certain he would improve at the RS.
Maybe he has just given up the way Belgians are prone to doing.
Can't really be classed as one of them, so why not if Koeman can get him motivated.

The RS destroy players. I think RS + being Belgian is the issue. A decent manager could get him going again. (until the Belgian CBA gene kicks in)

I'm not just using last season. Howard has been poor for 2 seasons and Pienaar has made 13 league appearances in 2 years.

I honestly can't believe that you really think we are going to miss them.

Why would you renew the contracts of 2 players who don't have anything left to offer us?

I think you are deluded if you continue to call Howard and Pienaar very good players. They once were undoubtedly but sadly no longer.

McCarthy has age on his side and is a better player to have in the squad at this moment in time than Pienaar or Howard.

I'm sorry but it's not 2010 anymore.

You clearly are being obtuse, whether it is deliberate or not is unclear. Nobody has argued that they should have been given further contracts, but it is obvious that they need replacing with players that are at least of the standard that those players used to offer. Claiming that Everton have improved through failing to replace such players is just nonsense, absolute nonsense.

Hope we can get Ashley Williams sorted today. We do definitely still need a keeper and I would have offered big money early doors to get either Horn or Butland in as I think we probably lost 10 points last season through keeper faults alone.

CM I really dont know who I want. I would like to see Ross take more responsibility and start playing deeper but we cant have a player who shies away from 50/50s playing in the middle. Gueye I hope is going to turn into the perpetual motion that McCarthy looked like he could have been in his first season by breaking play up and playing simple but FORWARD passes. Was there any official interest in Strootman?

Left wing I would love Tello who always seems available for loan from Barca and if we keep Lukaku I would take a punt on Llorente at 5 mil as an alternative target man with Deulofeu and Mirallas offering something different in terms of being able to play up top or as supporting strikers.

Mata would be outstanding business and would open us up for a higher calibre of player to join and he is the signing I would really like to see but think if we get him it will be a transfer deadline day spectacular and wont be in for the start of the season.

Would anyone take a punt on Van Persie? I know he has been gash over in Turkey but if he is available for 5-10 mil think he could be a decent signing for a year or 2. WOuld cost us in wages but I imagine we would get some back from shirt sales (although with Evertons merchandising arrangements you do wonder).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back