Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else find it a bit odd that when anybody points out that we've all been obviously duped by people spouting nonsense about our transfer plans on here, and that the changes at the club are nowhere near the magnitude that has been fantasised about, all people seem able to respond with are pictures of crying babies and totally weird 'bedwetter' remarks?

It's almost as if they have nothing of substance to respond with.

No. The reason is because we get the same crying remarks every single day and it is tiresome - only worthy of a meme response.

Everybody is entitled to form their own opinion and discuss, that's surely the whole point of a forum, but I've got to say it does seem strange that pretty much all your posts are negative in connotation. I don't see the joy or fascination in continually stoking the hornets nest.

As for transfer dealings, why not wait until the window closes to gauge whether it's a success or not...
I have a bee in my bonnet about this particular thread yes.

I don't like Everton supporters being wound up into a massive frenzy by people who should know better. It's going to lead to disappointment causing a bad atmosphere around the club. Not to mention making us a laughing stock in the eyes of rival clubs.

It should be noted that I'm not a 'Moshiri is a fraud' type of pessimist by the way. I think the new investment is very positive and will make us far more financially stable going forward. It also looks like the club are serious about getting a new ground underway.

It's not the club that have been raising people's expectations to unrealistic levels.

Really? I'd love to see how. And how you supposedly know what my Twitter is.

A Google search for Neizirs, leads to a Twitter account - EFCGerry.
A Google search for TimBaehill, guess where that leads? EFCGerry.

I'm not carrying this on further because frankly, I'll get blamed for a witch hunt or something else and then you'll say "Obsessed."

You're back on ignore anyway.

Transfers ffs.

Explain with record TV deal there was never any money coupled with supposed investment from Moshiri. Your doom and gloom attitude just manifests from jumping on the negative bandwagon due to your perception that we have a divine right to be dining on players usually reserved for the top table. We finished 11th last year. Even City with much more financial clout didn't go 'mad' and the signing of Robinho was merely a flex of their first fiscal clout without adhering to a then unspecified model. Now they arguably do things much better. I think that we are trying to adopt a model like City's current one and not fritter away cash just to appease the few fans who think a large transfer fee guarantees success (YOU) !!

I don't know how much money there is in and neither does anyone else who doesn't have direct insight into the clubs finances. My argument of a possible tight budget was not based on the assumption that there isn't any money, but rather that a lesser amount has been allocated to a specific transfer budget than is believed by a lot of Evertonians. I base this on objective observation, i.e what's gone on in the real world, and not what I wish for or believe. If we suddenly spend money, then I will revise my thoughts accordingly.

And to end our boring exchange, I'll give you this nugget of life experience - People who are intelligent don't need to state it explicitly mate, it's usually self-evident.

So after Preseason are we all agreed that the priority signing should be a center mid? Or do we still think a top Keeper is the priority?

Discuss.

Keeper. Need a commanding one to sort out any defence, regardless of whether we play Jagielka/Mori or Williams/Jagielka. Can win you at least 3 games a season if you have a quality one.

Desperately need a CM though, especially after Koeman was going on about the passing and control of the ball.

I don't like Everton supporters being wound up into a massive frenzy by people who should know better. It's going to lead to disappointment causing a bad atmosphere around the club. Not to mention making us a laughing stock in the eyes of rival clubs.

It should be noted that I'm not a 'Moshiri is a fraud' type of pessimist by the way. I think the new investment is very positive and will make us far more financially stable going forward. It also looks like the club are serious about getting a new ground underway.

It's not the club that have been raising people's expectations to unrealistic levels.

The only person who has wound you up is yourself mate. This is ridiculous.

Do you write in to the papers' Sports sections to whinge at the journalists because something they wrote never came off? The state of you.

I disagree with the last point. The clubs strap line for season ticket renewal. "Nothing will be the same again" or words to that effect. Also Kenwright fawning that Moshiri has made all Evertonians dreams come true. That surely raises expectations? Anyway I digress, there are nigh on 30 days left of the window and our main targets have not signed for other clubs, so in that respect we are still right in the mix in my eyes, this gives me hope rather than a need to think we are being lied to by moderators and other forum members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back