Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper. Need a commanding one to sort out any defence, regardless of whether we play Jagielka/Mori or Williams/Jagielka. Can win you at least 3 games a season if you have a quality one.

Desperately need a CM though, especially after Koeman was going on about the passing and control of the ball.

Offered me a choice between say Carvalho and Begovic or similar keeper then would go Carvalho everytime mate though

What-Would-You-Do-With-A-magic-wand.jpg

But that can be just as bad, what about viewing things with an open mind and seeing what happens, rather than thinking our new owner is a conman or expecting it to be 'the most exiting season in the clubs recent history'.

You may 'epect' a certain budget, I have no idea what our budget is.

(I m sure lots of you read my post and see negativity, if you do read it again.)

I've no issue at all with people sitting on the fence and waiting for events to happen before casting judgement. My problem is the unrelenting negativity... there's absolutely no point to it. My personal opinion is that this will end up being a fantastic window and an exciting season, but at the very least it would be great if the default position wasn't "we're being mugged off here... same old everton" etc. It's just getting ultra tedious now. For those that want to embrace a bit of hope and positivity in the lead up to a new season, it's wrecking the buzz completely. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but what good does it do to come on to a forum and be ultra negative about a transfer window that is nowhere near closed.

Have we all forgotten the first year under Martinez when the summer looked to be utter pants until deadline day? Everyone should just save the fume until September 1st - it achieves nothing except annoying everyone else.

With regard our most 'exciting' season in recent times... i think generally the fanbase have this feeling, it's why we've sold more than 90% of our seats for the coming season prior to doing any transfer business.

We're Everton lad, let's get behind the club... I really do not think we're going to be disappointed and will happily accept all the humble pie and vaulting if I'm wrong but until then why bother torturing ourselves.

Keeper. Need a commanding one to sort out any defence, regardless of whether we play Jagielka/Mori or Williams/Jagielka. Can win you at least 3 games a season if you have a quality one.

Desperately need a CM though, especially after Koeman was going on about the passing and control of the ball.

Don't like Stekkers(I'm really pulling for this one, we need to do a poll and come to a consensus soon though) mate?

Who would you have? It looks like Begovic is the only realistic option right now. Can't see us going for that Rui Patricio fella we were also linked with.

The only person who has wound you up is yourself mate. This is ridiculous.

Do you write in to the papers' Sports sections to whinge at the journalists because something they wrote never came off? The state of you.
I would take anything transfer-related coming from a sports journalist with a massive pinch of salt.

I just expected a fans forum created and run by Blues to be a little more careful when toying with the hopes and dreams of fellow Blues.

Maybe I was naive in that expectation. There you go.

Don't like Stekkers(I'm really pulling for this one, we need to do a poll and come to a consensus soon though) mate?

Who would you have? It looks like Begovic is the only realistic option right now. Can't see us going for that Rui Patricio fella we were also linked with.

He's not even been that bad in all honesty but we can do much better.

I don't like Everton supporters being wound up into a massive frenzy by people who should know better.

But you have a choice mate, like everyone else on here, you either allow yourself to get wound up into a frenzy, or (as I said earlier) you just chill, because at the end of the day, no one is forcing you, or anyone else to believe what the ITKs post up.

See I would agree with you if the keeper is Begovic but I don't think it is/will be, I think it's someone much much better.

Then it goes down to who it is mate :)

Would have to be something special for me to prio it above a centre mid as we look absolutely horrid their atm and it's disjointing everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back