Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not even been that bad in all honesty but we can do much better.

i remeber when he signed and i asked if anyone thought he would be our number one come the start of the season... it was a resounding 'not a chance'

it actually looks like he may well be our first choice keeper afterall

I would take anything transfer-related coming from a sports journalist with a massive pinch of salt.

I just expected a fans forum created and run by Blues to be a little more careful when toying with the hopes and dreams of fellow Blues.

Maybe I was naive in that expectation. There you go.

tumblr_l0z7qaEQWv1qaf8ryo1_500.jpg

Its a forum mate... anything people say take it with a pinch of salt - life changes every second, and football related matters even quicker. Just because people say something is going to happen doesnt mean it will

Keeper. Need a commanding one to sort out any defence, regardless of whether we play Jagielka/Mori or Williams/Jagielka. Can win you at least 3 games a season if you have a quality one.

Desperately need a CM though, especially after Koeman was going on about the passing and control of the ball.

Don't like Stekkers(I'm really pulling for this one, we need to do a poll and come to a consensus soon though) mate?

Who would you have? It looks like Begovic is the only realistic option right now. Can't see us going for that Rui Patricio fella we were also linked with.

i remeber when he signed and i asked if anyone thought he would be our number one come the start of the season... it was a resounding 'not a chance'

it actually looks like he may well be our first choice keeper afterall

I'll hold my hands up and say I was probably one of them people, thought he was coming in as someone Koeman knows and could trust in the dressing room - like Moyes with Neville but much much more handsome.

I still don't think he'll be first choice but he's not put a foot wrong yet.

I have a bee in my bonnet about this particular thread yes.

I don't like Everton supporters being wound up into a massive frenzy by people who should know better. It's going to lead to disappointment causing a bad atmosphere around the club. Not to mention making us a laughing stock in the eyes of rival clubs.

It should be noted that I'm not a 'Moshiri is a fraud' type of pessimist by the way. I think the new investment is very positive and will make us far more financially stable going forward. It also looks like the club are serious about getting a new ground underway.

It's not the club that have been raising people's expectations to unrealistic levels.

Hes just passing info on....things change.

Just take it as being free info which may come off and may not....

At the end of the day who cares until someone is actually signed anyway?

Just take it all in your stride.

I don't know how much money there is in and neither does anyone else who doesn't have direct insight into the clubs finances. My argument of a possible tight budget was not based on the assumption that there isn't any money, but rather that a lesser amount has been allocated to a specific transfer budget than is believed by a lot of Evertonians. I base this on objective observation, i.e what's gone on in the real world, and not what I wish for or believe. If we suddenly spend money, then I will revise my thoughts accordingly.

And to end our boring exchange, I'll give you this nugget of life experience - People who are intelligent don't need to state it explicitly mate, it's usually self-evident.

So why ask then? Thanks for the nugget.You working on the Happy Meals today? :)

I would take anything transfer-related coming from a sports journalist with a massive pinch of salt.

I just expected a fans forum created and run by Blues to be a little more careful when toying with the hopes and dreams of fellow Blues.

Maybe I was naive in that expectation. There you go.

As others have said, if your expectations were raised, view rumours with a bit of healthy scepticism next time. Or if you hopes were not raised but you are very concerned that others are going to be in for a big let down....dont worry Im sure they will be ok, let the have a bit of hope...who knows they may even be right and wouldnt that be great!

As ive said on there, I dont even have a multi on here, I certainly wouldnt be sad enough to go on there and troll them, I like the place, its not active enough for my "needs", but I have no malice towards them.

Well, apart from this one...

"The plot thickens'...

Don't like Stekkers(I'm really pulling for this one, we need to do a poll and come to a consensus soon though) mate?

Who would you have? It looks like Begovic is the only realistic option right now. Can't see us going for that Rui Patricio fella we were also linked with.

If I could have anyone, I want Bernd Leno.

Then under him, say Timo Horn at Koln. Not seen as much as him as I have Leno but a lad I know who regularly travels to watch Koln says he is the absolute bees knees and he has a cheap release clause - around 8 million pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back