Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is the thing, the martinez effect was exactly the same. Don't judge him after a bad season, give him til christmas, wait until this time etc

That is all i'm saying, what if we don't spend all these millions like we are all expecting to? Make all this piping down of anyone questioning it a bit silly.

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning it but it's people who annoy the facts of what's already happened when doing so.

We've paid a lot of money to bring a very good and well respected manager in, taking him from a team that have performed far better than us in the last two seasons in the process.

We have taken the head scout and assistant coach of the current champions. Again, that will have taken some doing.

In the process of that we have also altered the entire coaching system and appointed DoF to oversee all activities (something that we haven't done before...)

We have seriously improved our chances of making progress on a new stadium.

That has all happened in the last 6-8 weeks. That's progress off the pitch.

We haven't seen any progress on the pitch because the season hasn't started yet. We've had a decent pre-season though and already the players look fitter. Defensively they're looking more solid (even if there is still a Martinez hangover) and attacking wise we've played some decent stuff but are clearly lacking in certain areas.

If these areas aren't addressed by the time the window shuts, then we can be concerned. Until then let's just look forward to the start of the season. The squad we currently have is certainly good enough to get results from those games.

We drew both games. The 1-1 at Goodison (Lennon scored) they had more of the ball. They were far better in the first half but faded in the second if I recall. We were pretty poor, unsurprisingly.

If no new signings are made in the next few days, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like the below:

Howard

Coleman Stones Mori Baines

Gueye Barry

Barkley

Deulofeu Lukaku Mirallas​

Besic came on and changed the game vs Spurs that time. Agree on the line up though... bar Howard like, dunno how he's snuck back in ;)

I think the main issue is that they genuinely don't know what's going to happen with Stones and Lukaku.

Doesn't really explain why they haven't bought a proper goalkeeper, like.

Coric would be a steal but it is meant to be a done deal to City. Smacks of a Sky throwing our name in so they can say we missed out on another target.

Stekeleneberherberg

Coleman Holgate Funes Mori Baines

Mirallas Gueye Barry Barkley Deulofeu

Lukaku

That will be the line-up next Saturday I reckon.

I would be tempted to start with the same back 5 as on Wednesday.
I know it was only a friendly, but not only did we look solid, but we created 3 golden chances against a very strong Man United side.

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning it but it's people who annoy the facts of what's already happened when doing so.

We've paid a lot of money to bring a very good and well respected manager in, taking him from a team that have performed far better than us in the last two seasons in the process.

We have taken the head scout and assistant coach of the current champions. Again, that will have taken some doing.

In the process of that we have also altered the entire coaching system and appointed DoF to oversee all activities (something that we haven't done before...)

We have seriously improved our chances of making progress on a new stadium.

That has all happened in the last 6-8 weeks. That's progress off the pitch.

We haven't seen any progress on the pitch because the season hasn't started yet. We've had a decent pre-season though and already the players look fitter. Defensively they're looking more solid (even if there is still a Martinez hangover) and attacking wise we've played some decent stuff but are clearly lacking in certain areas.

If these areas aren't addressed by the time the window shuts, then we can be concerned. Until then let's just look forward to the start of the season. The squad we currently have is certainly good enough to get results from those games.
I have no doubt the club behind the scenes is in much better standing now. To be honest i personally favour focusing on that rather than necesserily throwing cash at players but it harms short term success i guess.

There is just this expectation of spending flowing through the site essentially. Anyone who asks questions because of the lack of activity is piped down, but its like sapies thread he stuck up the other week. Nothing has changed, we all had a good laugh at it (people lost their heads at thinking it was real). And then what, 4 weeks later it gets bumped and a lot of it suddenly seems true rather than a big WUM. You can't argue with what is happening right now and although we may sign all these boss players, they are all high failure risk transfers and the end result could well be instead of 4-5 of them we get none.

But as i say i'm fence sitting for once on a subject about everton. If we sign loads of players then great, if we don't then at least geri and kev will look like new players this season which will be fun to watch.

Coric would be a steal but it is meant to be a done deal to City. Smacks of a Sky throwing our name in so they can say we missed out on another target.

It could be a very clever move by Everton. He might be an Everton target but it could also be a way of forcing City's hand over Stones.

Either pay what we want for Stones or we will start a bidding war and drive up the price for Coric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back