Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is the thing, the martinez effect was exactly the same. Don't judge him after a bad season, give him til christmas, wait until this time etc

That is all i'm saying, what if we don't spend all these millions like we are all expecting to? Make all this piping down of anyone questioning it a bit silly.

Yes, but people at least waited until Martinez had managed a competitive game for the club...

If we don't spend all those millions then yes, our expectations will have been wildly off kilter... what can you do about that? Start the season with protests? It's pointless to worry about this until it actually happens.... which it won't.

I have no doubt the club behind the scenes is in much better standing now. To be honest i personally favour focusing on that rather than necesserily throwing cash at players but it harms short term success i guess.

There is just this expectation of spending flowing through the site essentially. Anyone who asks questions because of the lack of activity is piped down, but its like sapies thread he stuck up the other week. Nothing has changed, we all had a good laugh at it (people lost their heads at thinking it was real). And then what, 4 weeks later it gets bumped and a lot of it suddenly seems true rather than a big WUM. You can't argue with what is happening right now and although we may sign all these boss players, they are all high failure risk transfers and the end result could well be instead of 4-5 of them we get none.

But as i say i'm fence sitting for once on a subject about everton. If we sign loads of players then great, if we don't then at least geri and kev will look like new players this season which will be fun to watch.

Can't you do both?

There was a poster named ggooggooggoo,
To GOT he was fairly new,
He posts transfer links,
But his source plainly stinks,
Not a single one ever comes true.

Remember my tip for Gueye
not mentioned by others but me
if Modric arrives with Witzel a side
you'll be creaming your pants like me

lollol

If Shakespeare was alive today - he would surely be registered on GOT for inspiration.

Banter via the medium of poetry another ground breaking initiative from GOTers ;)

Tevez, Adebayor, Vieira, Barry, Lescott - all off the back of a 10th place finish.

And so what if they threw ridiculous money at them - isn't that the point, that we're not, and thus this is basically an exotic Kenwright rather than a budget Mansour?

Again, we simply need to see proof of what Moshiri is about - and the evidence we have right now is that he's not about much whatsoever. I am amazed people aren't concerned about being a week away from a Premier League season, and the new owner has thus far shown less ambition than Kenwright in the transfer market when you factor in the new TV money.

Obviously there's a big, valid concern about Moshiri right now.

Bill Kenwright is still our chairman mate. Don't forget him and his cronies when put together, are still majority shareholders by 2%. We'll see more money being spent on the squad once Bill's fat arse sods off for good, I can guarantee it

Yes, but people at least waited until Martinez had managed a competitive game for the club...

If we don't spend all those millions then yes, our expectations will have been wildly off kilter... what can you do about that? Start the season with protests? It's pointless to worry about this until it actually happens.... which it won't.

You are trivialising the point i was making originally mate. I'm not basing my thoughts on anything other than this site here. People disagree fair enough but people are being piped down on here when they try to actually ask questions about whether this is all sunshine and rainbows in regards to buying these players. It mirrors the martinez thing that people questioned martinez as a manager and went through the same thing. Almost like there is a set mind set and people dare not break it, especially newer members on here, even the usual name calling gets thrown about.

On my personal view point, if we start the season with just two players then i am sure we will all be excited either way to see how we do under Koeman. So no protests or anything, it seems morale in the fan base is high even without signing all these boss players

Can't you do both?

you can but you need to be a shiek to really do that.

17081.jpg

I have no doubt the club behind the scenes is in much better standing now. To be honest i personally favour focusing on that rather than necesserily throwing cash at players but it harms short term success i guess.

There is just this expectation of spending flowing through the site essentially. Anyone who asks questions because of the lack of activity is piped down, but its like sapies thread he stuck up the other week. Nothing has changed, we all had a good laugh at it (people lost their heads at thinking it was real). And then what, 4 weeks later it gets bumped and a lot of it suddenly seems true rather than a big WUM. You can't argue with what is happening right now and although we may sign all these boss players, they are all high failure risk transfers and the end result could well be instead of 4-5 of them we get none.

But as i say i'm fence sitting for once on a subject about everton. If we sign loads of players then great, if we don't then at least geri and kev will look like new players this season which will be fun to watch.

Thing is Ash we blatantly are trying to do both. The issue is that we are finding it hard to attract high quality players who can rightfully wait for offers from CL clubs. Those are the players that would bring short-term success.

That doesn't mean we should just give up though. People will probably whinge about Williams, for example, saying 'Ev can't get a 32-year-old' - but the factors are: he's Swansea's captain and best player, he's a vastly experienced PL footballer and a great defender. People ignore that and think it's all black and white, when even a deal for somebody of that ilk will take time andd a lot of money.

And no mate, I wouldn't worry. We are still, IMO, holding out for our No.1 targets, but just because it hasn't been reported (a lot of the stuff re. our no.1 targets hasn't in fairness but I think we all know that we are in for them) doesn't mean it hasn't happened or isn't happening in terms of looking at other targets. Gueye is a perfect example. I think we went for Carvalho but it seems we couldn't sell him on the project, so we moved quickly on to another target in a similar mould (holding midfield, though I know they are obviously different types of players).

With Witsel it appears that he has at least indicated he would be happy to come to us (unlike Carvs, in this scenario) so we are holding out for as long as we dare to try and get our no.1 target in. If it was a flat out 'no' we'd have moved on already (even though we certainly will have sounded out alternatives).

And yes mate - I'm sure we will sign players - and we definitely need to. I agree with many others that I would have liked them to happen sooner, but they haven't. That's the rub of the green at the moment but until that window shuts then I'm remaining positive and balanced.

You are trivialising the point i was making originally mate. I'm not basing my thoughts on anything other than this site here. People disagree fair enough but people are being piped down on here when they try to actually ask questions about whether this is all sunshine and rainbows in regards to buying these players. It mirrors the martinez thing that people questioned martinez as a manager and went through the same thing. Almost like there is a set mind set and people dare not break it, especially newer members on here, even the usual name calling gets thrown about.

On my personal view point, if we start the season with just two players then i am sure we will all be excited either way to see how we do under Koeman. So no protests or anything, it seems morale in the fan base is high even without signing all these boss players

Whilst there are some genuinly concerned people on here, there are also a lot of cryarses, claiming that nothing has changed because we haven't spent a Gazillion pound on Messi and ronaldo et al. These are the glass half empty brigade where nothing will ever be good enough, weve sat though some absolute dirge since the 80's, but now theres a bit of positivity about people want everything yesterday. if we come 4th this year, the same people will be moaning that we didn't win the league.

People need to manage their expectations and make them realistic

Sorry mate, didn't mean to trivilalise anything.

You have to admit that there are plenty of people on this thread that are being incredibly negative and not just asking questions - you have people that are essentially saying that if you don't think we a shambles then you're in the cult of Esk.

It's very frustrating considering the stage in the season that we're ay and perhaps people that are asking genuine questions are being piped down unfairly as they are being categorised alongside those that are just being negative.

I just don't get the mentality of 'assume the worst' in the scenario that we're in right now. Doesn't make sense to me.

Whilst there are some genuinly concerned people on here, there are also a lot of cryarses, claiming that nothing has changed because we haven't spent a Gazillion pound on Messi and ronaldo et al. These are the glass half empty brigade where nothing will ever be good enough, weve sat though some absolute dirge since the 80's, but now theres a bit of positivity about people want everything yesterday. if we come 4th this year, the same people will be moaning that we didn't win the league.

Oh, so much this!

If we don't get some marquee players in, we will be looking over our shoulders all season, or even be part of a relegation scrap !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back