Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nose, my nose lived dangerously,
It's courage was no stunt.
Even at the war in Germany,
It was always out in front.
Yet when the battle was over,
And we had defeated the Hun.
Suddenly for no reason at all...
The b***ard started to run !!!!

Most of that is neutral in terms of investment, in that he gets back what he's put in if he sold on.

I'm not kneejerking; I'm stating a fact - it's now one week away from the Premier League season starting, and we haven't invested in what counts; playing staff.

You can call having a concern about that "kneejerking", but all that means to me is that you are blinkered and prepared to stupidly ignore the facts.

When Moshiri actually puts his money where his mouth is, all this concern disappears. Until then, dismissing valid concern like the above is tittish.

It definitely seems like we have made the highest bid for Witsel though (admittedly you can't believe everything you read in the papers but there seems to be a lot to suggest this).

Seems like he's putting his money where his mouth is, not exactly his fault that nobody has accepted his money yet. Put that more down to the position Martinez left the club in.

...I know some have hinted at this, but perhaps there is something in the delays being due a dependency on Stones moving. Not from a transfer budget perspective but from ring fenced finances to cover increased salaries within fair play protocol.

It definitely seems like we have made the highest bid for Witsel though (admittedly you can't believe everything you read in the papers but there seems to be a lot to suggest this).

Seems like he's putting his money where his mouth is, not exactly his fault that nobody has accepted his money. Yet.

Therein lies the problem - is it all smoke and mirrors? If we're being told he's prepared to spend big money, then the expectation becomes that he will. And yet it hasn't happened, so those expectations haven't been met.

Once we sign that "breakthrough" player, all concerns go to bed. Until then, I honestly think you'd have to be pretty stupid to not have the slightest concern about how things are going.

How do you know Toff ?
Is this more than opinion, Would love him here.

As of yesterday it definitely wasn't off and our last bid matched Swansea's valuation that they set on Tuesday (when they went back on our initial deal). That bits not opinion.

In the opinion of the person I got the info off, he feels it's Swansea (and he gets his info from the Swansea side) who may be moving the goalposts again re. the fee. As of yesterday morning his sources* felt a deal would be likely to happen by today - obviously that's not looking as likely now.

It's definitely not off though. I don't know for sure if it's Swansea having changed the valuation again, or if they are just stalling on accepting the deal. I have no other information and I definitely won't be getting any from the Everton side - so at the moment only have this.

*quick edit - I do hate that term, but used it for lack of a better word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back