Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of that is neutral in terms of investment, in that he gets back what he's put in if he sold on.

I'm not kneejerking; I'm stating a fact - it's now one week away from the Premier League season starting, and we haven't invested in what counts; playing staff.

You can call having a concern about that "kneejerking", but all that means to me is that you are blinkered and prepared to stupidly ignore the facts.

When Moshiri actually puts his money where his mouth is, all this concern disappears. Until then, dismissing valid concern like the above is tittish.
Facts. Ok fact we havent kicked a ball in anger yet,

Fact: We have no idea of the system that is going to be employed or if we have the manning that can compete in this system,

Fact: We have no idea of the amount Moshiri has or hasn't put in up to this point

Fact: We have been in for players who have turned us down

Fact: We have signed a couple of players

Fact: We are in for more players

Fact: We have completely changed our management structure

Fact: A large number of players have come out praising the new management style

So the difference is my facts are facts whilst yours are not, we have invested in playing staff, your view on Mosh's investment is that he can get it back if he sells?? i'm not even going to start on that.

Unfortunately you have found yourself being sucked in by a whirlpool of negative thoughts, which isn't backed up by any facts as you succinctly put it, and i can only imagine that its this thats making you come across all Veruca Salt, I WANT IT NOW,

I suggest a nice green tea and a Radox bath

I'm not close enough to the club to know whether it is all smoke and mirrors. There seems to be a lot of reports from papers and comments from supposed ITKers to suggest this is the case but you are right in that you can't just believe them and we need to see it to believe it.

What I base my positivity on is that Moshiri has spent big bringing the manager he wants in, and been smart in getting the DOF he wants in as well. To me that suggests he is prepared to spend but also has the long term strategy of the club in mind. i.e He has the money to spend but will be patient enough to spend it on the right people rather than just spending for the sake of spending to prove he has (had) money.

That's how I see it but I can see your point of view. Of course I will be concerned more the longer it goes without major signings but think he deserves a little more time before I make a full judgement.

I'm not making a full judgement though - I'm just expressing scepticism until I see something that blows that scepticism away.

All I'm saying is that there are currently grounds to be wary, and dismissing those concerns as "bedwetting" or "kneejerking" is ridiculous.

Rome wasn't built in a day but it was built at some stage.

Would be nice to see some urgency. I'm delighted this fella has come. But if you'd have told me in June that we'd be in this situation come 5 August I'd have been very disappointed. So in short it's disappointing.

It's rational to be concerned. And it's irrational to say everything has gone sailingly. It's just downright absurd to blame everything on the Pogba deal.

Facts. Ok fact we havent kicked a ball in anger yet,

Fact: We have no idea of the system that is going to be employed or if we have the manning that can compete in this system,

Fact: We have no idea of the amount Moshiri has or hasn't put in up to this point

Fact: We have been in for players who have turned us down

Fact: We have signed a couple of players

Fact: We are in for more players

Fact: We have completely changed our management structure

Fact: A large number of players have come out praising the new management style

So the difference is my facts are facts whilst yours are not, we have invested in playing staff, your view on Mosh's investment is that he can get it back if he sells?? i'm not even going to start on that.

Unfortunately you have found yourself being sucked in by a whirlpool of negative thoughts, which isn't backed up by any facts as you succinctly put it, and i can only imagine that its this thats making you come across all Veruca Salt, I WANT IT NOW,

I suggest a nice green tea and a Radox bath

Point proven.

Yawn.

You have a view, I have a view. You have no concerns - good for you - whereas I'm waiting until I see something to justify having no concerns.

And in the meantime, I'm not going to just throw out insults, as it's boring and dismisses people holding a healthy scepticism in a childish way. Feel free to continue doing so if it makes you feel better.

Rome wasn't built in a day but it was built at some stage.

Would be nice to see some urgency. I'm delighted this fella has come. But if you'd have told me in June that we'd be in this situation come 5 August I'd have been very disappointed. So in short it's disappointing.

It's rational to be concerned. And it's irrational to say everything has gone sailingly. It's just downright absurd to blame everything on the Pogba deal.

This is spot on - key word there is irrational. Nobody should have a definitive opinion one way or another on Moshiri right now, as there's nothing to base an opinion on.

So I can fully understand people either being cautiously optistic or guardedly sceptical about him. I can't understand anyone calling him a fraud (as in being serious) or the undoubted messiah. Completely irrational either way.

Point proven.

Yawn.

You have a view, I have a view. You have no concerns - good for you - whereas I'm waiting until I see something to justify having no concerns.

And in the meantime, I'm not going to just throw out insults, as it's boring and dismisses people holding a healthy scepticism in a childish way. Feel free to continue doing so if it makes you feel better.
Tittish?

im gonna wait RIGHT up to the window closes..then we havent signed anyone decent i am gonna UNLEASH holy HELLLLLLLL

(post a slightly miffed message on GOT)

I'm not making a full judgement though - I'm just expressing scepticism until I see something that blows that scepticism away.

All I'm saying is that there are currently grounds to be wary, and dismissing those concerns as "bedwetting" or "kneejerking" is ridiculous.

Fair enough, seeing is believing and until the players arrive, concerns are valid.

Think people are more dismissing the "Moshiri is a fraud, we are doomed" posts as bedwetting though. But then again I haven't spent that much time in this thread. All moves too fast for me haha.

Our team v Tottenham.

Stekelenberg // Coleman Stones Mori Baines // Barry Gueye // Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas // Lukaku

Easily good enough to win. However, if we pick up even one injury what do we have in reserve? We have the young lads Holgate, Davies and Dowell who've all performed well this pre-season, but in terms of proven quality... literally nobody, perhaps aside from McCarthy and Aaron Lennon, and they're not going to win you a game.

Terrifying to think that outside of our first XI we have nothing. Absolutely pathetic and shocking the manager has allowed us to go into the season in that state. A lot of work needs to be done, and quickly. Imagine Lukaku gets injured! Or Coleman! No backup at all.

The goalkeeper we were craving hasn't materialised, and I don't think anybody would be surprised if Koeman decided that his Dutch mate is our new first choice.

We've signed a cheapo relegated midfielder instead of some proven quality to improve our first team.

Aside from that we've not added a thing, to a squad that is threadbare in terms of real quality yet is absolutely stacked with has-beens and have-never-been good enoughs.

Robles, Pennington (unfortunately I see him as the only youngster in our squad who will never be good enough), Gibson, Cleverley, Kone, Niasse, McGeady, all worth bugger all. Add the non-existant McCarthy and constantly-injured Oviedo and Besic and it's crystal clear that we have problems, yet we haven't been able to ship even one of them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back