Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I look at it Koeman is a top manager Southampton got of to a terrible start it's hard to remember we were 3-0 up away to them after half time, they recovered the season under him.
Also would he have give all that up if Morishi was not offering him a transfer. War chest I like the way he has handled the Stones, Lukaku rumours by just not saying not for sale , but putting a Price tag on them!
I can see players coming in who we have not been linked too, before deadline day, and a bit of deadwood going or sent out on loan on our more useless players, it will take time just look at Leicester last season
Money did not buy the Prem!

Our team v Tottenham.

Stekelenberg // Coleman Stones Mori Baines // Barry Gueye // Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas // Lukaku

Easily good enough to win. However, if we pick up even one injury what do we have in reserve? We have the young lads Holgate, Davies and Dowell who've all performed well this pre-season, but in terms of proven quality... literally nobody, perhaps aside from McCarthy and Aaron Lennon, and they're not going to win you a game.

Terrifying to think that outside of our first XI we have nothing. Absolutely pathetic and shocking the manager has allowed us to go into the season in that state. A lot of work needs to be done, and quickly. Imagine Lukaku gets injured! Or Coleman! No backup at all.

I agree, I can see us not signing anyone or having a busy deadline day, with 2 going out and 5 coming in, probably on loan! Not long now till August 31st

He hasn't though, has he?

You can say that next Friday, not this Friday.
17081.jpg

He hasn't though, has he?

You can say that next Friday, not this Friday.
He's guaranteed that any new faces will not go into the season bedded into the squad and in tune with what the manager wants and able to perform it because they've not been on the training pitch. That's what he's guaranteed. Really don't know what has gone wrong but it's rather concerning. Scratching around for last-minute panic buys again?

Our team v Tottenham.

Stekelenberg // Coleman Stones Mori Baines // Barry Gueye // Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas // Lukaku

Easily good enough to win. However, if we pick up even one injury what do we have in reserve? We have the young lads Holgate, Davies and Dowell who've all performed well this pre-season, but in terms of proven quality... literally nobody, perhaps aside from McCarthy and Aaron Lennon, and they're not going to win you a game.

Terrifying to think that outside of our first XI we have nothing. Absolutely pathetic and shocking the manager has allowed us to go into the season in that state. A lot of work needs to be done, and quickly. Imagine Lukaku gets injured! Or Coleman! No backup at all.

The goalkeeper we were craving hasn't materialised, and I don't think anybody would be surprised if Koeman decided that his Dutch mate is our new first choice.

We've signed a cheapo relegated midfielder instead of some proven quality to improve our first team.

Aside from that we've not added a thing, to a squad that is threadbare in terms of real quality yet is absolutely stacked with has-beens and have-never-been good enoughs.

Robles, Pennington (unfortunately I see him as the only youngster in our squad who will never be good enough), Gibson, Cleverley, Kone, Niasse, McGeady, all worth bugger all. Add the non-existant McCarthy and constantly-injured Oviedo and Besic and it's crystal clear that we have problems, yet we haven't been able to ship even one of them out.

We will sign players before Sept 1st, I guarantee it!!

seen a status off facebook i put up several years ago which made me laugh.

Liverpool sign Henderson, adam and downing, sunderland sign half a squad, man city sign aguero, we sign a pallet of bricks lol

quiter scary that so far we aren't much further on from that.

(and pallet of bricks relates to the shed we were building in the car park before we were told we couldn't build there)

He's guaranteed that any new faces will not go into the season bedded into the squad and in tune with what the manager wants and able to perform it because they've not been on the training pitch. That's what he's guaranteed. Really don't know what has gone wrong but it's rather concerning. Scratching around for last-minute panic buys again?
We're competing in a new tier for players. We need to get used to the transfer game at this level, and we need to convince better players we're the right destination.

That's what happens when you pitch higher. It gets harder.

It doesn't mean I'm not frustrated. I just accept that it's a difficult period of transition for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back