Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine - but it's different for us because we're newcomers to this level. Of course that complicates things.
Well it shouldn't. As he says, the big teams in this league are sorted; there won't be many more big purchases from them now aside from maybe one finishing touch, i.e. Chelsea want a striker, United want Pogba, City want Stones. These players we are seemingly bending over for and waiting to decide if they want to hump us or not should probably realise a move to the PL isn't on the cards if they don't want to join us. We should realise if it's taken them this long to decide if they want to join us it's likely a no thanks, and we should hurry up and get an alternative in.

We've heard you chat wham about meeting room 4,
Your inside info is becoming a bore,
Today is D day for your Finch Farm mate,
As you've promised a signing by a quarter to eight,
What you really need now from your mole in the bushes,
Is to come up with the goods & save you from your blushes!
......Tick Tock :coffee:

We need a new thread......."Poetry Corner" lol

Well it shouldn't. As he says, the big teams in this league are sorted; there won't be many more big purchases from them now aside from maybe one finishing touch, i.e. Chelsea want a striker, United want Pogba, City want Stones. These players we are seemingly bending over for and waiting to decide if they want to hump us or not should probably realise a move to the PL isn't on the cards if they don't want to join us. We should realise if it's taken them this long to decide if they want to join us it's likely a no thanks, and we should hurry up and get an alternative in.
Of course it should. We're not as attractive a prospect as the rest of them presently - that's the reality. That makes it harder. That's the barrier we're looking to knock down.

Witsel, Carvelho etc etc, are obviously waiting for CL teams to come in for them, if that doesn't happen then they will sign for us, simples!!
Except they probably won't. No doubt a London team will come in and they'll go for the London location and similar wages over living up North and for a hugely unattractive team thanks to the last couple years.

As of yesterday it definitely wasn't off and our last bid matched Swansea's valuation that they set on Tuesday (when they went back on our initial deal). That bits not opinion.

In the opinion of the person I got the info off, he feels it's Swansea (and he gets his info from the Swansea side) who may be moving the goalposts again re. the fee. As of yesterday morning his sources* felt a deal would be likely to happen by today - obviously that's not looking as likely now.

It's definitely not off though. I don't know for sure if it's Swansea having changed the valuation again, or if they are just stalling on accepting the deal. I have no other information and I definitely won't be getting any from the Everton side - so at the moment only have this.

*quick edit - I do hate that term, but used it for lack of a better word!

Cheers mate, Glad to hear it's still possible at least.

Asda?

We can only look longingly through the windows at Asda and their make your own pizza counters of wonder.

We've been to the council for food coupons and are currently shifting through the last bits of the food bank, wondering if an out of date box of Frosties can play in goal
Soon we'll be dumpster diving.

Asking for 50p for the bus lad.

I can assure you what I said ain't in jest,
And I hope that you'll heed my request,
When I ask you to cease,
And leave this thread in peace,
As you're becoming quite the pest.

Peace out x

So it has finally come down to this
Your suggesting i'm taking the p1ss
but by 8 o clock when the signings don't stop
you'll be begging for more you daft c0ck
lol

I can see the narrative being prepared already. If we lose to Spurs with the team we have then it's down to the lack of transfers, despite the fact that the same team drew with Spurs twice last season. The same Spurs who have signed just one player, who could be great or could be badly Altidore.

Our current team is more than strong enough in personnel to take the fight to Spurs or any of the other teams we face. We need signings to try and finish in the top 6 this season, not to win games.

This current squad with better management will still finish top 10, and we're obviously going to sign players before the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back