Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worry I have is we'll get to deadline day and we'll do an Arteta with Stones and or Rom.

I know things have changed with Moshiri at the helm but I just can't think it's impossible with Everton.

We still need additions but even with a minimum of new CB (if stones leaves) and new GK I'd be more optimistic going into this season than last. We won't challenge top 4 but it won't be a disaster.

If we'd had a manager the past 2 seasons who could organise a defence I think we would have seen more from this squad.

Rom's reaction to the Belgium news was enough to show me what the players thought of him

I believe we have a manager now who can organise a team and that will make a huge difference.

We have more or less the same squad barring Pienaar, Ossie and Hibbo (who had a handful of appearances between them anyway) and to cover those I'm hoping to see a lot of Davies this year and more chances for Galloway and Holgate too.

If it's true that Lukaku has been offered a new contract at £135k a week I hope we refuse to sell either way

It may be a negotiation tactic perhaps but with Stones probably going and the rumoured money already there we may finally be in the position of not needing to sell

Just wait until Koeman has them pasting Espanyol all around Goodison tomorrow arvo. You'll all settle down.

I'm in the mood to start screaming for a boss Everton, with some cracking players and a manager who knows what he's doing. Be arsed with this sideshow for a while.

Nonsense. The spurs game will be close as it usually is but we're capable of winning it.

We've got great fixtures coming up and there's nothing to stop us starting the season well.

We're already better than we were last season. Any extra players we sign are a bonus.

Really? We have looked just as abject going forward in the last few friendlies as we did at the end of last season. I admire your optimism but, if we do not get a good start this season then fingers need to be pointed at our board.

I'm beyond tired of Witsel, Mata and Carvalho. Great players, would love them here, but they have been discussed past the point of insanity. All of them reek of deadline day type signings if we represent their best option for the next season (which sadly to me rules out Carvalho most like....).

So to other mysteries:

Ashley Williams seems genuinely interested in coming. This deal should be getting done, but seems to have gone quiet. Where are our ITKs......?

A new keeper is not only not sorted(not intending to offend steks, but surely he is not what Koeman plans for our #1), but shockingly there seems to be no real identified targets (surely they exist - but who are they)....

Our attack is wanting for a couple of new players.....what will Walsh pull from his magicians hat?

I'm beyond tired of Witsel, Mata and Carvalho. Great players, would love them here, but they have been discussed past the point of insanity. All of them reek of deadline day type signings if we represent their best option for the next season (which sadly to me rules out Carvalho most like....).

So to other mysteries:

Ashley Williams though seems genuinely interested in coming. This deal should be getting done, but seems to have gone quiet. Where are our ITKs......?

A new keeper is not only not sorted(not intending to offend steks, but surely he is not what Koeman plans for our #1), but shockingly there seems to be no real identified targets (surely they exist - but who are they)....

Our attack is surely wanting for a couple of new players.....what will Walsh pull from his magicians hat?
When it comes to player transfers, we have none at all on this site, mate.

Our team v Tottenham.

Stekelenberg // Coleman Stones Mori Baines // Barry Gueye // Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas // Lukaku

Easily good enough to win. However, if we pick up even one injury what do we have in reserve? We have the young lads Holgate, Davies and Dowell who've all performed well this pre-season, but in terms of proven quality... literally nobody, perhaps aside from McCarthy and Aaron Lennon, and they're not going to win you a game.

Terrifying to think that outside of our first XI we have nothing. Absolutely pathetic and shocking the manager has allowed us to go into the season in that state. A lot of work needs to be done, and quickly. Imagine Lukaku gets injured! Or Coleman! No backup at all.

The goalkeeper we were craving hasn't materialised, and I don't think anybody would be surprised if Koeman decided that his Dutch mate is our new first choice.

We've signed a cheapo relegated midfielder instead of some proven quality to improve our first team.

Aside from that we've not added a thing, to a squad that is threadbare in terms of real quality yet is absolutely stacked with has-beens and have-never-been good enoughs.

Robles, Pennington (unfortunately I see him as the only youngster in our squad who will never be good enough), Gibson, Cleverley, Kone, Niasse, McGeady, all worth bugger all. Add the non-existant McCarthy and constantly-injured Oviedo and Besic and it's crystal clear that we have problems, yet we haven't been able to ship even one of them out.

Aaron Lennon league apps 17 + 8 as sub - 5 goals.
Disagree about Pennington, I think he has potential.

I agree with the team you put there and as you said, that would give most teams a good game.
Still time to get new players in and barring the Spurs game, after that (if injuries)we can cope with fielding a couple of your 'has beens' 'never good enoughs', until new players have settled.

Just a brief reminder, we have nowhere near the stature of United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Or even that shower of [Poor language removed] from across the park. Unfortunately even with money, players of the level we are looking at are not going to want to come here until we consistantly improve and have something to offer other than money

So? That is just the point, we still needed to sign players sooner than we have.

Aaron Lennon league apps 17 + 8 as sub - 5 goals.
Disagree about Pennington, I think he has potential.

I agree with the team you put there and as you said, that would give most teams a good game.
Still time to get new players in and barring the Spurs game, after that (if injuries)we can cope with fielding a couple of your 'has beens' 'never good enoughs', until new players have settled.
You know, I actually only had McCarthy in that part but put Lennon in there because all of those goals came in like a 6-game purple patch. I like him a lot as a player, works really hard for the team and has a great attitude, but don't think - over a season - he'll come up with the goods, hence bench player. Would love Pennington to come good.

Surely Koeman wouldn't have come to Everton unless he was shown a clear vision of the way Moshiri wants to move forward . Surely he wouldn't have risked potentially the Barcelona job in a few years by coming here. What I mean by that at Southhampton he got them to 5th or 6th ( I think ) and if there fans are honest that's probably the height of there expectation but here he needs to get us from 11th to 5th/6/7th next season with further improvement the following season into top 4. I'm no doubt he was guaranteed money without sales . So that brings me to who or why is bringing players in so slow ? Is it Walsh arrival and perhaps the players Koeman identified doesn't fit with his brief ? Maybe it's the club themselves and who ever negotiates the contracts ( not too sure if that's Walsh's ) responsibility aswell . Providing we have no more injuries tomorrow we will have a strong line up against Spurs although basically same players that ended the season . We need 4/5 in and 3/4 out ... Expectation was high this summer for me ... Unfortunately that has let's say subsided a bit ... COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back