Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we're waiting on Witsel, Mata and Carvalho.....so much the same?
when witsel is literally waiting for another club to want him, mata could well stay where he is and carvalhio literally had no news since the papers reported it orinally, its hardly the same as negotiating how much the agent is getting paid with details done, or ironically us holding out for money over one of our players.

The difference is, these players are wanting to sign for the clubs, ours are waiting for another option over us.

We're competing in a new tier for players. We need to get used to the transfer game at this level, and we need to convince better players we're the right destination.

That's what happens when you pitch higher. It gets harder.

It doesn't mean I'm not frustrated. I just accept that it's a difficult period of transition for us.
I think this is exactly the issue, agree with everything too - Frustrated but understand why it can be hard for us to get top players across the line. I do believe we are going for them. but we don't have the pull of a lot of other teams yet. Now I suppose we could be getting the wool pulled over our eyes. But I am not going to freak out because we havn't signed our top targets on our first try.

I can see the narrative being prepared already. If we lose to Spurs with the team we have then it's down to the lack of transfers, despite the fact that the same team drew with Spurs twice last season. The same Spurs who have signed just one player, who could be great or could be badly Altidore.

Our current team is more than strong enough in personnel to take the fight to Spurs or any of the other teams we face. We need signings to try and finish in the top 6 this season, not to win games.

This current squad with better management will still finish top 10, and we're obviously going to sign players before the end of the window.
didn't spurs get battered by an already relegated Newcastle as well

seen a status off facebook i put up several years ago which made me laugh.

Liverpool sign Henderson, adam and downing, sunderland sign half a squad, man city sign aguero, we sign a pallet of bricks lol

quiter scary that so far we aren't much further on from that.

(and pallet of bricks relates to the shed we were building in the car park before we were told we couldn't build there)
at least we never signed hendo adam and dowling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back