Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder why every other team has attempted to solve their problem areas before the season.

Perhaps they think having a settled squad in time for the season might be of benefit to them.

Crazy, I know.

Nobody who hasn't already been bought will be up to speed with the team direction for the Spurs game.

Let's hope young Gueye turns out to be pretty good!

We're competing in a new tier for players. We need to get used to the transfer game at this level, and we need to convince better players we're the right destination.

That's what happens when you pitch higher. It gets harder.

It doesn't mean I'm not frustrated. I just accept that it's a difficult period of transition for us.
except the clubs who shop at this level have already sorted most of their business. City just waiting on Stones because of us being stubborn, united waiting on pogba because of the agent, everyone else bar arsenal at the top end have done their business.

We're competing in a new tier for players. We need to get used to the transfer game at this level, and we need to convince better players we're the right destination.

That's what happens when you pitch higher. It gets harder.

It doesn't mean I'm not frustrated. I just accept that it's a difficult period of transition for us.
You're 100% right mate, but there needs to be a plan B, and I don't think there is one, or at least has been one. I think they've gone after players we normally couldn't attract - which is a great thing - but have failed in their quest to get them sign and are now stuck between waiting on such players or asking Mr Walsh to find cheaper alternatives. The plan from the start should have been we go after player a/b/c, and if we can't get them then we go out for d/e/f.

You're 100% right mate, but there needs to be a plan B, and I don't think there is one, or at least has been one. I think they've gone after players we normally couldn't attract - which is a great thing - but have failed in their quest to get them sign and are now stuck between waiting on such players or asking Mr Walsh to find cheaper alternatives. The plan from the start should have been we go after player a/b/c, and if we can't get them then we go out for d/e/f.
We don't know what the plans are, do we?

The best course of action is to hold out for the best for as long as we possibly can, then only settle if there's no other option. At the moment, we haven't reached that point.

So let's see where we stand when the window closes. It doesn't make sense to panic before then.

Nobody who hasn't already been bought will be up to speed with the team direction for the Spurs game.

Let's hope young Gueye turns out to be pretty good!
Hopefully the Spurs' players are all homophobes and get all freaked out when they hear we've got a Gueye representing us and starting in central midfield.

"He's Gueye, I'm not marking him, you take him"

"No chance, I ain't going near him"

<Gueye waltzes through the entire Spurs' team and scores 15 goals>

Everton 15 - 16 Spurs

except the clubs who shop at this level have already sorted most of their business. City just waiting on Stones because of us being stubborn, united waiting on pogba because of the agent, everyone else bar arsenal at the top end have done their business.
Fine - but it's different for us because we're newcomers to this level. Of course that complicates things.

Another week passed by and what have we got to show for it? A bargain buy from Villa.

This is like telling all your mates you're gonna start shopping at Waitrose but instead you wait till 8pm when Asda puts all the reduced and damaged stock out with the yellow stickers on.

And we're waiting on Witsel, Mata and Carvalho.....so much the same?

Hopefully the Spurs' players are all homophobes and get all freaked out when they hear we've got a Gueye representing us and starting in central midfield.

"He's Gueye, I'm not marking him, you take him"

"No chance, I ain't going near him"

<Gueye waltzes through the entire Spurs' team and scores 15 goals>

Everton 15 - 16 Spurs

None of this please

Remember my tip for Gueye
not mentioned by others but me
if Modric arrives with Witzel a side
you'll be creaming your pants like me
We've heard you chat wham about meeting room 4,
Your inside info is becoming a bore,
Today is D day for your Finch Farm mate,
As you've promised a signing by a quarter to eight,
What you really need now from your mole in the bushes,
Is to come up with the goods & save you from your blushes!
......Tick Tock :coffee:

Another week passed by and what have we got to show for it? A bargain buy from Villa.

This is like telling all your mates you're gonna start shopping at Waitrose but instead you wait till 8pm when Asda puts all the reduced and damaged stock out with the yellow stickers on.

Asda?

We can only look longingly through the windows at Asda and their make your own pizza counters of wonder.

We've been to the council for food coupons and are currently shifting through the last bits of the food bank, wondering if an out of date box of Frosties can play in goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back