Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

...Slimani links after he put in a transfer request. I don't know a lot other than looking at YouTube but his goal scoring stats throughout his career look impressive and we definitely need at least one more striker.

He seems just a quality goalscorer and they don't come cheap but at the £20m mark I'd definitely go for him.

He's bound to be better than Sakho at £15m lol

...Slimani links after he put in a transfer request. I don't know a lot other than looking at YouTube but his goal scoring stats throughout his career look impressive and we definitely need at least one more striker.

@MoutsGoat put me onto him a few days before that link came out. Looked alright in the Youtube vid, but don't they all bar Niasse. He's a big unit who likes to get headers from crosses but he looked to have decent ball control at speed as well. I'd be happy with him, he looks to have some quality about him and there isn't much of that going around as far as available strikers right now.

The frustration for me and I expect others is that we have on paper a fairly good start fixtures wise to the season. First 7 games only one of the top 8 from last season. It could be a chance to make a positive start and rebuild confidence after last seasons shambles. Having got quality players in would definitely have helped. I'm confident deals will.be done but id have preferred if they were done sooner

Totally agree. Ideally, we should have tried to make some early signings to be ready to take advantage of what looks on paper an easy start to the season.

If we don't do well in those first 7 games, even if we do eventually make some decent signings it will be really tough to move up the table as we are gonna be facing some tougher opponents.

Currently doing that fan survery, oh Everton, why did you send me this email the day after Mos injury.

Overall, how positive or negative do you feel towards Everton at the moment?
Please select one only
option_off.png

Very positive
option_off.png

Fairly positive
option_off.png

Neither positive nor negative
option_off.png

Fairly negative
option_on.png

Very negative

You think losing Howard, Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar and replacing them with the likes of Davies, Dowell and Holgate makes us weaker?

None of them exactly added quality to the squad recently. The kids will fill in for them and provide a bit more.

Osman pienaar and Hibbo didn't have a huge amount of appearances between them last season. Don't think Koeman would have released them all if he thought he needed them

Think young lads like Davies Galloway and Holgate can take that slack

Plenty of experience in squad with Barry Coleman jags Baines Gibson Lennon and even mirallas

Who's to say Dowell, Holgate and Davies aren't the next Baxter, Gosling and Duffy? Decent enough but not quite good enough for Everton. Then where does that leave us? 3 experienced outfielders short.

The lads haven't had near enough gametime for us to be sure they can adequately replace the squad options we're now missing.

So the signings are coming NEXT Friday then?

Everton aren't looking very ambitious at the moment. Too much hype about Moshiri when he arrived and lots of talk of awakening a sleeping giant with loads of money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back