Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness I'm concerned. He has to be given a chance, but all the Echo face saving stuff about 'the biggest signing of the summer had to be the manager' is nonsense. We had to get a boss in: we had to make a major squad statement too...and it's not happened.

They need to get a number of major deals done and soon. It's already a complete waste of a summer preparation.

Moshiri: out of 10 since he's been here - 5/10. Koeman/Walsh, yeah. Good. Everything else is a shambles.

Don't forget the new cladding. That's worth 5.5/10 surely?

This would have been a poor window under BK.

Had to laugh at the Pogba excuse. Yeah we couldn't sign a competent goalkeeper etc because of a French international leaving serie a. Just call a spade a spade.

After Pogba we had that FFP doing the rounds...lads on here are genuinely convinced we can't buy anyone before we offload at least one high-earner (not even after losing Osman, Howard, Hibbo and Pienaar from the wage bill).

There's no way this summer's inactivity can be sugar coated, I'm afraid. Beyond all the Pollyanna stuff about 'new dawns' and 'pages being turned' off-field, we are in a very familiar summer holding pattern. If this was happening under Kenwright's sole control the Walton Luftwaffe wouldn't have waited for the Spurs game - they'd be up there now trailing a message demanding Bill's nuts on a plate.

Anyone who saw the muck served up at OT and much of preseason knows we need a boost.

A pre-season wrecked, imo.

Spot on that mate and welcome back.

aye, City had a smaller status than us when they hit jackpot...still managed to attract quality players because the will from the owners was there (and they had Mark Hughes as manager back then too). Same story with Chelsea.

I can almost accept the inactivity on strikers and CBs, because we don't know what we'll retain. But the GK situation is a scandal. We needed more than Stekelenberg and Robles. Those two are category III keepers.

That needed sorting at the end of last season and it's still not done. There is NO complications where that's concerned, so it has my alarm bells ringing.

I can almost accept the inactivity on strikers and CBs, because we don't know what we'll retain. But the GK situation is a scandal. We needed more than Stekelenberg and Robles. Those two are category III keepers.

That needed sorting at the end of last season and it's still not done. There is NO complications where that's concerned, so it has my alarm bells ringing.

aye, we've been almost unanimous as a fanbase that we desperately need to sign a top goalie ever since Howard first started deteriorating after the 2014 World Cup. That we never did pre-Mosh could be down to old Bill and his old ways, but under Mosh there really is no reasonable excuse, not at this late stage of the Window.

Oh no !

Oh no !

is the term "Category 3 keeper" going to spark the same sort of debate as "Tier 1 Stadium" ??

There's no way this summer's inactivity can be sugar coated, I'm afraid. Beyond all the Pollyanna stuff about 'new dawns' and 'pages being turned' off-field, we are in a very familiar summer holding pattern. If this was happening under Kenwright's sole control the Walton Luftwaffe wouldn't have waited for the Spurs game - they'd be up there now trailing a message demanding Bill's nuts on a plate.

Anyone who saw the muck served up at OT and much of preseason knows we need a boost.

A pre-season wrecked, imo.

It's good to see you posting again, and very fair comment on the transfer activity we have seen (or haven't seen) this summer. I'm sure that will change but it will feel very last minute as we are all to familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back