Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we underestimate how much dead wood we can clear off the books. Every year a team is allowed a 7 mill increase in wages(NOT counting any increase in commercial revenue, if we say, sign a 20 mill per year sponsorship deal, the skys the limit), we off loaded 67k in salary in Howard/Hibbert/Osman/Pienaar. We can add 134k to that. In addition, moving Niasse, McCarthy, and McGeady clears up another 146k. Thats a total of 322k per week available for players before running over. If we added Witsel at 100k per week, Carvalho at 90k per week, and Williams at 50k per week, Stek was probably 10k per week, and Gueye maybe 25k per, that still leaves us with 50k per week.

Pwhahahahahaha, yeah mate, Carvalho and Witsel wont demand well over 100k a week, honest.

You also missed off Koemans 7m a year.

I think we underestimate how much dead wood we can clear off the books. Every year a team is allowed a 7 mill increase in wages(NOT counting any increase in commercial revenue, if we say, sign a 20 mill per year sponsorship deal, the skys the limit), we off loaded 67k in salary in Howard/Hibbert/Osman/Pienaar. We can add 134k to that. In addition, moving Niasse, McCarthy, and McGeady clears up another 146k. Thats a total of 322k per week available for players before running over. If we added Witsel at 100k per week, Carvalho at 90k per week, and Williams at 50k per week, Stek was probably 10k per week, and Gueye maybe 25k per, that still leaves us with 50k per week.
I have to agree with goat that those salaries seem very much on the low side. There's also absolutely no way Stekelenberg signed for 10k a week. In terms of offloading we just need people to be interested in players like McGeady first.

You wanna actually think about Koeman's salary? How about the whole new position Walsh occupies? Or the new contract Rom is supposedly signing? Think about those things and the salaries required to attract top talent without cl and then get back to me.

I thought about them and come to the conclusion that the reason we've not added to Gueye isn't because of FFP. We'd need to sign 2 or 3 high-earners before that kicks in.

Are you aware that revenues-in other than sales count towards this 'breaking-even' concept? We managed it fine last summer with those 4 retired players still on the books. Koeman & Walsh haven't suddenly turned all that upside down.

I thought about them and come to the conclusion that the reason we've not added to Gueye isn't because of FFP. We'd need to sign 2 or 3 high-earners before that kicks in.

Are you aware that revenues-in other than sales count towards this 'breaking-even' concept? We managed it fine last summer with those 4 retired players still on the books. Koeman & Walsh haven't suddenly turned all that upside down.

It isnt FFP its STCC. Short term cost contol where we need to take our wages which are maxed out apparently + £7mil leeway allowed per annum + hibbert etc who have gone and thats how much we can spend less Gueye, Stek and Donkey Gibson wages.

Any transfer fees or other additional income can be added to the wage bill hence selling Stones for £50mil would add that to our wages.

Or we sell a few of these

Garbutt
Oviedo
Gibson
Clev
Niasse
Mcaleny
Mcgeady
Mccarthy possibly
Niasse
Kone

Read up on it...not as simple as you think. @The Esk has a thread on it.

Yes I am aware. Are you aware that our commercial performance is pitiful? We managed it fine because we didn't come close to adding 8m to our wage budget. They haven't but they've eaten up a lot of the wages dropped from released players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back