Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt FFP its STCC. Short term cost contol where we need to take our wages which are maxed out apparently + £7mil leeway allowed per annum + hibbert etc who have gone and thats how much we can spend less Gueye, Stek and Donkey Gibson wages.

Any transfer fees or other additional income can be added to the wage bill hence selling Stones for £50mil would add that to our wages.

Or we sell a few of these

Garbutt
Oviedo
Gibson
Clev
Niasse
Mcaleny
Mcgeady
Mccarthy possibly
Niasse
Kone

Read up on it...not as simple as you think. @The Esk has a thread on it.

I reckon its like this :

Hibbert 25k
Howard 50k
Pienaar 65k
Osman 40k
Martinez 65k

245k ish

Stickleback 45k
Koeman 135k
Gueye 40k

220k ish

Which gives us around 155k a week to play with IMHO.

When you consider that Witsel alone will probably demand around 135k of that, theres not much scope.

Some of you DO know you can actually look up the wages, some of these numbers thrown around are crazy and not related to reality. Howard was not getting 50k per week.

I agree David.

I was calm, but we just lost the finest midfielder in europe for 6months, imagine if Real lost Zidane in his prime? Would they just think "Boss that lads, lets just play Gareth Barry".

If anybody sees my head can they let me know, it rolled off the other night and I havent seen it since.
It's sad about Besic.

Before he came to us he appears to have had a wrist injury that kept him out of action for 14 days. Since he arrived here he's had a thigh, knee, hamstring and cruciate ligament injury that's kept him out for the bulk of his time here. He must curse the day he signed.

It isnt FFP its STCC. Short term cost contol where we need to take our wages which are maxed out apparently + £7mil leeway allowed per annum + hibbert etc who have gone and thats how much we can spend less Gueye, Stek and Donkey Gibson wages.

Any transfer fees or other additional income can be added to the wage bill hence selling Stones for £50mil would add that to our wages.

Or we sell a few of these

Garbutt
Oviedo
Gibson
Clev
Niasse
Mcaleny
Mcgeady
Mccarthy possibly
Niasse
Kone

Read up on it...not as simple as you think. @The Esk has a thread on it.

STCC is about not spending all the new TV deal on wages. Don't think Gueye covers the lot somehow.

Also, see this and consider the players we've released:

PL%20STCC%202016.jpg.opt882x767o0%2C0s882x767.jpg

I've also got a list, Zat, this data is from July 18th so there will be more since then. I've only included transfers-in from Prem clubs this summer that have a disclosed fee and are from clubs considered less 'glamorous' than us.

BOURNEMOUTH
Jordon Ibe - Liverpool, £15m
Lys Mousset - Le Havre, £5.4m
Lewis Cook - Leeds, £10m

CRYSTAL PALACE
Andros Townsend - Newcastle United, £13m
James Tomkins - West Ham, £10m

MIDDLESBROUGH
Marten de Roon - Atalanta, £12m
Viktor Fischer - Ajax, £3.8m

SOUTHAMPTON
Nathan Redmond - Norwich, £11m

SWANSEA CITY
Leroy Fer - QPR, £4.75m

WATFORD
Isaac Success - Granada, £12.5m
Christian Kabasele - Genk, £5.8m

WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Matt Phillips - QPR, £5.5m

WEST HAM UNITED
Manuel Lanzini - Al Jazira Club, £9.4m
Toni Martinez - Valencia, £2.25m

It's sad about Besic.

Before he came to us he appears to have had a wrist injury that kept him out of action for 14 days. Since he arrived here he's had a thigh, knee, hamstring and cruciate ligament injury that's kept him out for the bulk of his time here. He must curse the day he signed.
Did he and Gibbo possibly ever share a locker? If so that particular unit should be destroyed - obvious bad karma....

I reckon its like this :

Hibbert 25k
Howard 50k
Pienaar 65k
Osman 40k
Martinez 65k

245k ish

Stickleback 45k
Koeman 135k
Gueye 40k

220k ish

Which gives us around 155k a week to play with IMHO.

When you consider that Witsel alone will probably demand around 135k of that, theres not much scope.

Thats why "top manager heading to Barca" should be flogging some of the dross i listed

STCC is about not spending all the new TV deal on wages. Don't think Gueye covers the lot somehow.

Also, see this and consider the players we've released:

PL%20STCC%202016.jpg.opt882x767o0%2C0s882x767.jpg

I've also got a list, Zat, this data is from July 18th so there will be more since then. I've only included transfers-in from Prem clubs this summer that have a disclosed fee and are from clubs considered less 'glamorous' than us.

BOURNEMOUTH
Jordon Ibe - Liverpool, £15m
Lys Mousset - Le Havre, £5.4m
Lewis Cook - Leeds, £10m

CRYSTAL PALACE
Andros Townsend - Newcastle United, £13m
James Tomkins - West Ham, £10m

MIDDLESBROUGH
Marten de Roon - Atalanta, £12m
Viktor Fischer - Ajax, £3.8m

SOUTHAMPTON
Nathan Redmond - Norwich, £11m

SWANSEA CITY
Leroy Fer - QPR, £4.75m

WATFORD
Isaac Success - Granada, £12.5m
Christian Kabasele - Genk, £5.8m

WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Matt Phillips - QPR, £5.5m

WEST HAM UNITED
Manuel Lanzini - Al Jazira Club, £9.4m
Toni Martinez - Valencia, £2.25m

Those clubs clearly havent hit their revenue ceiling like us...so have room for wages. Look at bournemouth they must have a fortune they could use

Are you aware that our commercial performance is pitiful? We managed it fine because we didn't come close to adding 8m to our wage budget. They haven't but they've eaten up a lot of the wages dropped from released players.

At least that's something we can agree on. It's not (yet) directly affecting our ability to sign new players, tho'.

It's sad about Besic.

Indeed David, the lad hardly missed a game before he came here and now suddenly he gets an ACL tackling a blade of grass.

Sickening.

Those clubs clearly havent hit their revenue ceiling like us...so have room for wages. Look at bournemouth they must have a fortune they could use

they must all have fortunes and we only have regular Prem TV deals, record season-ticket sales, released players and a billionaire owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back