Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of panicking on here

The team will evolve and will take some time before we will have a team that is challenging for top honours (we weren't far off with 2 semi-finals despite a complete cockwomble as manager).

So we have managed to nab the 1st choice manager from a very reluctant Saints and taken the DoF off the champions so lets give the whole thing some time ( I don't mean 6 weeks either) rather than losing it after one transfer window that is not even over.

As the team will improve under Ronald we will get the quality signings we need as we know the money is there ( those who dispute that really !?!?) as for me the most important signing would be get the quality stadium were desperate for.

Lets face it we are in a much stronger position than we were when the last season finished so a lot to be positive about and I think it WILL get better just not as quickly as some would like.

Just my thoughts anyway.

if game of thrones has taught me anything other than i have unhealthy appetite for sex and violence is information is key and disinformation campaigns from other clubs itks could be at play to sow dissension and shred the prevailing harmonious unity held on this forum.............

Mate... it's not about results.

Fitness comes first. Check.

Then it was to sort out the major issue from last year - the defence (as a unit). Overall that has been achieved and we look a lot more solid.

Thirdly it was to give some of the youngsters a go and assess which fringe players will be moved on. That's happened, and based on today I think one of McCarthy, Cleverley and Gibson will leave. It could even be two, though based on Besic's injury one would probably be safer, while Holgate and Davies (the former moreso) have proved they are ready to be involved.

Fourth, performances. Some decent ones but we are definitely not clicking just yet.

Fifth, results. Some half-decent ones, some poor ones.

Then of course, the main thing, activity in the market. Trust me, we will not be panic buying. We have our no.1 targets and until the point they are no longer feasible to bring in we will have other targets lined up.

I actually didn't say anything about our results .....
I appreciate your positivity , and I agree with you that probably behind the scenes and off the pitch things are looking better. Having said that , you've got a fan base that has been waiting for 20 years for a serious upturn and rightly or wrongly so have bought into the promise of a *new era". I think even the most realistic of us thought we would have improved the squad in a couple of key areas ( GK / midfield / striker ) and would have sorted one or both of Lukaku / Stones situations.

I hope we make a couple of signings this week and have a decent start v. Spurs. A positive result next Sat would be "massive" to calm the fans.

I actually didn't say anything about our results .....
I appreciate your positivity , and I agree with you that probably behind the scenes and off the pitch things are looking better. Having said that , you've got a fan base that has been waiting for 20 years for a serious upturn and rightly or wrongly so have bought into the promise of a *new era". I think even the most realistic of us thought we would have improved the squad in a couple of key areas ( GK / midfield / striker ) and would have sorted one or both of Lukaku / Stones situations.

I hope we make a couple of signings this week and have a decent start v. Spurs. A positive result next Sat would be "massive" to calm the fans.

But did anybody with half a bran cell expect that up turn to happen immediately?

We do need new signings. I'm frustrated we haven't got a few more in by now but I'm still confident (with reasonable grounds to be so as well) that the improvements will arrive.

A new manager, a new system - and it's taking time to click. But already, even on the pitch, the improvements are there in terms of a) our defending and b) the fitness of the players. We are lacking guile and a bit of verve, but they will come with time.

Martinez took over a side with a solid base at the back and built excellently on that with his attacking play in his first pre-season.

Koeman to an extent is having to start from scratch.

We're only a month away now so seems time to fire up the speculation thread.

So down to a week to go, no real buys, we have done fook all to show we are any different from last year and the redshoite are pasting Barca at Wembley!!!!

Its going to be a long season, and still haven't got my season ticket yet!!

Oh to be a blue.................

could we wait till the first game before the conspiracy theories and the wails of massive injustice , if those theories are correct its still plenty of time to be miserable and grumble away

I'm still hopeful that we will have a productive transfer window. I see business being completed by other clubs and I'm not exactly envious (Andre Ayew for £20 million).

However, I don't understand why with just a week to go before the start of the season we have only gotten two over the line.

Koné being given the number 9 shirt worries me. It beggars belief that he is still an Everton player. Granted he suffered a terrible injury in his first year but he had offered us nothing in the past two seasons. He is so bad, I would be genuinely shocked if another Premier League club came in for him. But with just a couple of weeks remaining in the transfer window, it seems that Koné will remain an Everton player.

It is difficult to sign world class players who are courted by Champions League clubs but there are player available, like Berahino, who would be a massive step up compared to Koné.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back