Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure he was asked about the out of contract players before he joined...would have been strange not to show him the squad etc and ask him his future plans etc

Its on Koeman.
How would he be able to make a call on a player he hasn't managed or worked with before, I don't even know who's call it was but I fail to believe it was down to Koeman.

I'm willing to roll with it mate for the time being, I suggest you stand by me and if it all goes tits up there is always cigarettes and alcohol to fall back on. Some might say we've been all around the world looking for our signings, whilst others note the importance of being idle as a factor for our lack of activity. I say let there be love, do ya know what I mean? Little by little we will get there so stop crying your heart out as there is definitely a masterplan behind all of this. I'm outta time now so best if I slide away as the dog is barking so best go let it out.
You just covered everything there,we just need a cover version of Messi,could he be Iranian?

Absolutely not. He signed and developed some class players which Koeman now has and can work with...what has Koeman done?

Stek
Gueye
2 years for Gibson.

Hes had time to sign players and has failed...even if he signed some tomorrow they arent ready for the league.

Im sick of this Martinez blame when Koeman hasnt done anything different.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

That's a wind up mate, surely. Any thinking person cannot compare the two at this stage.

Dear, dear me....you're actually writing the new manager off as a 'failure' after how many weeks in charge?

I honestly despair at some of our fanbase.

Agree mate, I backed Martinez to the hilt, but the West Ham game had me thinking it was time he moved on, but I can still appreciate what he did, and it wouldn't surprise me if the lads who are saying he is to blame for what's going on now, were the same lads saying his squad was the best since the 80s.

Lunatics you mean :)

Ive done so many Squad threads id have thought it would have finally dawned on people that we have half a dozen top players with potential then a huge gap...

Seems to be very very quiet rumour wise.
No ITK, no cars spotted or phantom taxis sent to pick up from the airport not even an undercover cleaner at Finch Farm.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

To summarise what i said in another thread mate, asuming we sell Stones, and one other for roughly a 5-6m trading profit (mCCarthy for 11-12m would achieve that as would cleverley for 5-6m for example)

and factoring in players released and the sales above and new contracts in the 100-140k pw mark for Barkley, Lukaku, and increases for other first team players of about 150k across the board (say Deulofue, Mori etc, then we'd be able to raise wages this coming season by about 1.2-1.3m per week

thats been the stated aim of bridging the gap to the teams above and the ambition of the owner.

That would allow 3 additions on 50k pw, 3 on 100k pw, 2 on 150k pw, and 3 on 200k pw. There is absolute no chance on earth we are adding 10 players to the squad, so why exactly are we selling stonjes to allow such an increase in wages - esepcially given the situation we are not offering anything close to 200k pw and likely not offering 150k pw

Doing it another way around, we could add 5 players on 50k pw (the likes of gueye etc) and 10 players on 100k pw, honestly the math doesnt add up on this at all and it's setting alarm bells ringing for me anyway

Any of Carvalho, Witsel, Koulibaly etc that we REALLY wanted to buy we could have had here by now if we had paid a figure in wages for them that would far far exceed anything they could expect any other club with interest to offer them, the fact is we havent done that, we have instead trieds to get them for a minor amount more in wgaes than they cpould earn if they held out for another increased profile team and thats basically us trtying to make a statement without taking any form of control in the situation and with us fully aware that we may end up missing out on any or all the targets by that strategy.

Goldman Sachs for £100k a year
Santander for £105k a year

GS every time.

Koulibaly offerd 200k pw or Witsel or Mata or Carvalho would be in our shirt now mate, likely 2 of those for substantially less than that, we are trying to beat out competition by paying a little more than they are willing too, when we have a gap in 'desirability' between us and these teams far exceeding a little bit

What do we think Mata is on at Utd? 150k? 100k? Whatever it is, it's a liveable wage even for the most outrageous footballer.

So with three weeks left, he can either join us now for 50k more as you suggest or sit and wait to see how many minutes he gets in the few games before the window shuts. At Utd. Under Jose. 60/70k fans a week. European football.

Or.

He can see if anyone else, playing European football, comes in for for him. A club maybe that isn't as big as a project as us. This might be his last big move/decision after all.

Why wouldn't he wait a few more weeks? Why would he rush?

It isn't all about money for those who already have enough.

I've been fortunate that I missed last weekends Dresden cup and yesterday's game. Managed to watch the game against the mancs which was absolutely plop.

Pre season though mate, chances are we turn up against Spurs and we see a completely different performance.

Still, a couple of players in would certainly be a boost to not just the fans but the players as well.

They were worse mate...not even kidding

How would he be able to make a call on a player he hasn't managed or worked with before, I don't even know who's call it was but I fail to believe it was down to Koeman.

As an Evertonian there must be one other team (perhaps even subconciously) where you know quite a number of their players

Were talking about a professional manager from the same league who has played us 4 times over 2 seasons and should have a dossier of all other teams senior players...most in his mind as well...

He knew we were in the market for a new manager and were linked since the beginning with him ..

He would have known

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

That's a wind up mate, surely. Any thinking person cannot compare the two at this stage.

Dear, dear me....you're actually writing the new manager off as a 'failure' after how many weeks in charge?

I honestly despair at some of our fanbase.

No i didnt write that.

I asked what he had done differently...the answer is nothing.

What do we think Mata is on at Utd? 150k? 100k? Whatever it is, it's a liveable wage even for the most outrageous footballer.

So with three weeks left, he can either join us now for 50k more as you suggest or sit and wait to see how many minutes he gets in the few games before the window shuts. At Utd. Under Jose. 60/70k fans a week. European football.

Or.

He can see if anyone else, playing European football, comes in for for him. A club maybe that isn't as big as a project as us. This might be his last big move/decision after all.

Why wouldn't he wait a few more weeks? Why would he rush?

It isn't all about money for those who already have enough.

Its USUALLY about the money.

If we found obstacles in signing him then theres plenty more players we could have signed instead.

Especially with Witsel and Koulibalys agents running around Italy telling everyone we have big money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back