Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
fgs mate... if you thought this is bad just think back to 2011.

Plenty of time until August 1st. Lots of unsubstantiated rumours flying about - so tbh I'd just advise you not to believe anything either way until it's officially announce (even if it means totally ignoring what I've put about Williams if you so chose haha). It'll make it easier for you that way...

Was ok when they were decent players linked.
Today has been a proper sh*t fest some bang average players being linked.

Yeah, but now we've actually offered money for him

i hope not. I don't even think it's an area we need to address. Well, it's down at about 8th on my priority below seeing as we've already brought in a defensive mid:

GK
Playmaker
Backup Striker
Centre Back
Central Midfielder
Backup Centre Back
Winger?

Well tbh, i wouldn't have even had it as a priority.

I'd say we are safe enough discussing STCC regulation impacts on transfers in the transfer thread.

OK. So:

Using any frame of reference you like, accounting, legal, regulatory, compliance, whatever, explain how

a) the cost of purchases needs to be accounted for completely, but in sales we only look at gains
and
b) how expenditure on players is revenue of any sort, non-broadcasting or not. If it was revenue less expenditure it would be a gross profit figure, not a revenue figure, and if it was revenue less specifically player trading for some reason, you would think they would mention that.

I suspect para 5 is more relevant to you, but that isn't STCC, that is a different set of regulations to be compliant with.

Finally, the accountants have begun to understand the regulatory compliance issue. Progress! ;)

b) its considered as player-trading and under the definitions it can be considered as 'non-broadcasting' related revenue. That means as @The Esk says it can be added to the headline figure in terms of wage increases per season and the tv-revenue related limit.

See how you can point out games he played well in? It's because he stands out so hard in them compared to other games.

I've seen many, many games where I've watched him and seen, and being generous here, a Championship standard player, or even lower.

The games I mention are Everton games. I haven't really seen him in any other games as I have no interest in Crystal Palace. I find it surprising that you have watched him in so many games, to be honest.

I don't know whether he is good enough or not, but he is someone who can actually play on the left, and he is said to have pace, and we are in serious need of both of those things.

Was ok when they were decent players linked.
Today has been a proper sh*t fest some bang average players being linked.

but that's all they are - links. I really don't think anything is coming from the Everton side at all this summer. It's frustrating but we're doing our business very privately.

Joyce and Hunter can be trusted, but even they won't get everything right.

If it's like this at the end of deadline day, then fume.

Personally, I still think we'll see two in in the next week. Think we may be holding on till the last week for more action after that though.

That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back