Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted to go and we got a massive fee, for potential. Barnsley fans must be thinking they've won the lottery. If we spend it wisely it could be a great deal for us. Either way Stones wasn't going to be any good for us this season. Can we get back to talking about transfer targets we aren't going to get now?

We are a long way from having any form of positive net spend. I am expecting an awful lot from the club in the coming weeks or morale is going to hit rock bottom.

Goodbye stones. U were talented. But u were not consistent.

Half the CBs in the league are sturdier than him right now. They are in there prime. He has MASSIVE potential don't get me wrong but not what we need.

47m for a 21yo CB? EXCELLENT business.

If everything goes according to plan we will wave at him on equal footing in 5years time.

Now lets get down to the big signings

Not to piss on the party here, but we're currently -40 mil on player investment this summer. Most of you still think we'll spend + 140 mil in the next three weeks.

It's not that hard to imagine, we've spent most part of the summer maybe being too ambitious, trying to compete for players with bigger clubs than us. What we're maybe now seeing is a realisation from the club that time is running out and we need bodies in so the ambition has been turned down slightly. May not be such a bad thing. I can easily see us spending £100m still.

Q_O93G.gif

Even if the money was there from the beginning which it probably was it'll just give off the impression that we are in fact selling to buy yet again and nothing has changed. It's just so disappointing especially so close to the start of the season.

I mean clubs are going to fleece us now even more so than they would've in July because they know for a fact that even Moshiri aside we have at least £50m to be spending so why not try to gouge every last cent they can out of us knowing that we'll likely pay it cos we're in need badly for some positions.

I know the window doesn't close for a month basically but I can't see us spending the "£100m war chest" plus the Stones money in that time. Not saying it was a lie but the funds have certainly been mismanaged and left a bit late to get any reasonable value for the players we want to buy. Fully expect the likes of Bolasie or whoever to come in for near £30m cos Palace know they can demand it.

As for Stones he's going to be one of the world's best, no doubt about it.

@The Esk

I take it that now the Pogba and salary restraint issues are off the table, there are no more holdups to our massive transfer splurge?

We'll be bringing in our 7 big-name signings today yes?

Williams certainly. Kone is v likely also. Bolasie is a genuine target and they hope to complete this week.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option. (Witsel still an open situation)

7 before the window closes.

It's like are we getting these as there cheap? Which again draws a question or as they are ok defenders for a decent fee get what I mean mate? lol so many questions and Theory's right now my heads fell of lol
I think to a certain extent that is true. Koulibaly for 40 odd or kone for 18. I hope it means we can spread the money elsewhere rather than downgrade from first choice.

Think that will be the difference now, if our downgraded are poorer for less than I don't think it's worth spending the money in the first place.

Williams certainly. Kone is v likely also. Bolasie is a genuine target and they hope to complete this week.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option.

We seriously need a #1 goalkeeper.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option.

Kone likely? Nothing from EFC sourced journo's

I was hoping you were going to say the Bolasie rumours were nonsense.

FFS!

Bolaise gueye and kone suggest the club are not getting their prime targets and are trying to sign players for less money now.

So quite a bit away from their original marquee signings mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back