Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think to a certain extent that is true. Koulibaly for 40 odd or kone for 18. I hope it means we can spread the money elsewhere rather than downgrade from first choice.

Think that will be the difference now, if our downgraded are poorer for less than I don't think it's worth spending the money in the first place.

I think mate ( if the money isn't spent elsewhere ) if we're getting these players for ok fees than huge ones ( unless there worldys that we want ) it's more questions than answers.....

Williams certainly. Kone is v likely also. Bolasie is a genuine target and they hope to complete this week.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option. (Witsel still an open situation)

7 before the window closes.

Happy with Williams, Kone & Bolasie?

Goodbye stones. U were talented. But u were not consistent.

Half the CBs in the league are sturdier than him right now. They are in there prime. He has MASSIVE potential don't get me wrong but not what we need.

47m for a 21yo CB? EXCELLENT business.

If everything goes according to plan we will wave at him on equal footing in 5years time.

Now lets get down to the big signings

Big signings?? The window so far has shown not 1 big signing wants to join us. Hopefully proven wrong but it does not look good. None of our supposed targets have been signed. Everybody else has strengthened. Gueye has basically replaced be sic who will be out for season and unfortunately looks an injury prone player. Our main front man could also leave. Everton better do business and quickly.

Williams certainly. Kone is v likely also. Bolasie is a genuine target and they hope to complete this week.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option. (Witsel still an open situation)

I've lost all faith in your feedback.

I think mate ( if the money isn't spent elsewhere ) if we're getting these players for ok fees that huge ones ( unless there worldys that we want ) it's more questions than answers.....
Considering we started with 40 million pound signings and now they are under 20 for similar positions it certainly does raise the question of to what extent are we compromising the transfer business from genuinely improving the team to signing affordable members.

Was hoping you were going to rubbish the Bolasie reports, but pleased about Williams and Kone. Would be delighted with Mata too.

What happened to Indi? I'm very glad we're getting Kone ahead of him!

All these signings seem a bit 'safe' don't you think mate? Surprised me a bit that we're signing purely premier league proven players. Only exception is perhaps Witsel and I'd be amazed if he ended up signing.

John Stones sale is a great bit of business for EFC. No doubt about it. The risk MC are taking on for that price is huge.

However, I have been patient with the hierarchy this summer hearing all the noises that everything will be ok. The fact is that we are now weaker going into the start of the season than we were finishing. New background team etc doesn't matter. On the field we are weaker. Not a good statement of intent from the club. And four days to go.....We need a Witsel, Carvalho or Mata this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back