Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we started with 40 million pound signings and now they are under 20 for similar positions it certainly does raise the question of to what extent are we compromising the transfer business from genuinely improving the team to signing affordable members.

Williams and Kone - two big presences at the back.

We haven't had that in years. So we have improved (should they both come in).

Williams certainly. Kone is v likely also. Bolasie is a genuine target and they hope to complete this week.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option. (Witsel still an open situation)

7 before the window closes.

Very likely: Williams, Kone, Bolasie
Possible: Mata, Begovic, Bony

Disappeared: Koulibaly, Carvalho, (to some extent) Witsel.

Esk I can't help but feel your percentage estimations were wild of the mark and we are actually not signing anywhere near the quality first suggested. This either suggests a lack of ability to close the deals by the Club or poor information passed onto yourself.

EDIT: why if not already at Chelsea is Koulibaly not a target?

Very likely: Williams, Kone, Bolasie
Possible: Mata, Begovic, Bony

Disappeared: Koulibaly, Carvalho, (to some extent) Witsel.

Esk I can't help but feel your percentage estimations were wild of the mark and we are actually not signing anywhere near the quality first suggested. This either suggests a lack of ability to close the deals by the Club or poor information passed onto yourself.
Nobody from overseas?

Williams and Kone - two big presences at the back.

We haven't had that in years. So we have improved (should they both come in).
But what I mean is koulibaly was also that but at a higher price.

So in the grand scheme of things, does kone represent better value or are we downgrading the quality we are after?

Considering we started with 40 million pound signings and now they are under 20 for similar positions it certainly does raise the question of to what extent are we compromising the transfer business from genuinely improving the team to signing affordable members.

And was this the plan ( bringing in Walsh) to do this to save money? Or to use it on more players.... The clocks ticking mate!

It's not that hard to imagine, we've spent most part of the summer maybe being too ambitious, trying to compete for players with bigger clubs than us. What we're maybe now seeing is a realisation from the club that time is running out and we need bodies in so the ambition has been turned down slightly. May not be such a bad thing. I can easily see us spending £100m still.

Time us running out and we need players so we sell one of our best to a rival?

Mate, I'm sorry, but something is wrong here and I think you probably feel it too if you're honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back