Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We absolutely need to hold on to our top talent, much like Spurs did with Bale for example. Imagine what would have happened in if they cashed in. Or old Ronlado at Man U - look at how they rebuffed that offer from Real. Top clubs like what we are aspiring to be hold on to their talent. Moshiri out and take Bill with you.

That was for £80m and £85m respectively.

We've just got £47m - minus the money we owe Barnsley, for £40m - in a massively more inflated market.

Have a think about it.

I've been wanting it for decades you patronising blert. We used to win things, then we decided we weren't good enough and we should be happy with what we had. Then, we had a glimmer of something more, and it was a mirage. Sorry if you don't like my tone but this summers recruitment is shaping up to be no better than any of the last 10 summers and I'm no more happy with that than I was last year or the year before that. If not now then when? No doubt you'll be telling me to grow up or that I'm a bedwetter next summer and the summer after that. I'll grow up when you grow some ambition.
PS - the grow up thing was not aimed at anyone in particular!

Oh very much so.

Remember that Mirallas interview where he said the 'old' Everton would have sold Stones last summer?

Whoops - the new one has just done that.

Raiola will walk in this week and say 'no ta' and Lukaku will be done about 10 days.

Still, £111m in for transfers plus £100m budget means a lot of Bolaise.
As i said in my post hours ago, Raiola won't rest right now and try his best to sell his next portfolio which is Lukaku.

We all know what we will end up to if Raiola involved in a saga.

Would you still think we are more likely than not to get Witsel and Mata? Need to get one of them at least.

Will we attempt to sign other "marquee" names do you think or will we have to buy at the level of Yannick Bolasie?

I can't see us getting anywhere near £80-£100m net spend now - would you agree?

Thanks again. Please keep letting us know what you are hearing. It is much appreciated.
Why are you asking him these questions?

He has about as much idea as the Teletubbies do.

I wasn't proposing we buy any of them, I was just pointing out that selling England's most promising young defender and replacing him with a 32 year old journeyman (albeit one who has had a couple of good seasons) from Swansea for £15M quid is not progress for me. We should have looked for a younger centre back from abroad and we should have been planning for this from the end of last season. This all seems a bit like we just had a sift around and grabbed who we could get.

he's been at one club for eight years, not exactly a journeyman haha?

And in the short term he improves us mate. Bring in a younger player with more potential (maybe Kone/Indi?) plus we have the likes of Holgate who I have no doubt is ready to step up

I wasn't proposing we buy any of them, I was just pointing out that selling England's most promising young defender and replacing him with a 32 year old journeyman (albeit one who has had a couple of good seasons) from Swansea for £15M quid is not progress for me. We should have looked for a younger centre back from abroad and we should have been planning for this from the end of last season. This all seems a bit like we just had a sift around and grabbed who we could get.
I think we have a good core of young centre backs already. Players like Williams and Kone are right because they are ready now.

i'm starting to think people just want 'names' instead of players who are very solid and more importantly the manager knows he can make a successful team with.

Williams is extremely solid, one of the best CB's in the league, yes he is older but not ancient, him at the back and helping out the younger players like holgate etc coming through will be fantastic. And with him in defense we will concede less goals, fact.

Most of the times successful teams are built on solid foundations with exciting flair to come along with it, we already have some very exciting attacking talent, mirallas, deulofeu, lukaku. And even Bolaise, although inconsistent can be a match winner. We are right now doing a hard job of getting us out of the reverse gear martinez had us in, and getting back into European places, and THEN we will move on. It's a process not a instant transformation.

Our transfers have taken longer than expected, but.. well it was kind of to be expected we've had two very poor seasons, and yes things are changing but people and players want proof, right now we're making promises and offering good money, which is why the higher standard of players are interested but also keeping an eye out for ready made champions league.

Just show some trust in the manager, show some trust in the recruitment. They do know what they are doing.

Get out of here talking sense. Don't you know we should have transformed instantly and signing world class players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back