Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagielka was our best defender last season.

He is also a year older and not exactly the commanding figure that Williams is. So to get some money back on him and send him somewhere which gives him first team football whilst replacing him with an actual leader at the back is good business in my eyes. Alternative is keep him and we get nothing for him, small opportunity if it exists .
We offered it straight away mate - I said I didn't know the fee at the time and that's still true.

However, we haven't gone in with another offer since then, urgo this must be our most recent offer - which was last week (Wednesday, is the info that my mate had)

Aye the price makes sense. Probably posted that back at the time it makes sense to do a middle ground. Swansea just pushing for a few extra million from us so anything they can grab is a bonus I'd imagine.

Why? because they finished 6 places below us?

City have just spent £47.5m on a player from a team who finished 7 places below them.

So what's the problem again?

Yes but City signed a player who had 3 seasons under his belt and showcased his potential at such an early age. Just cos Kone scored 2 goals against us he is worth 18M? I'd rather have Jose Fonte or Van Djik.

Quite happy with the logic, solid back line will give Geri, Kev, Ross and Rom the chance to be even more expressive and less defensive.

From Mata and witsel to losing the best defender of his generation to signing pensioners from Swansea

We should be making a statement and signing a player who normally would be out of reach for Everton. Even if it takes offering extra ordinary wages to that ONE BIG signing, it should be done. How is a player Sunderland signed for 6M suddenly worth 18M in six months? If we can think about signing Kone for 18M why not twice that on a Mangala/Otamendi?
Because Mangala is poor, and Otamendi appears utterly unsuited to the Prem based on last season?

any one explain to me why we waited for Stones to be sold to then up our bid by £2m for Williams?

Why not do it a month ago when we 1st bid, and have him ready for the season!!!

Fuc8in joke of a club, somethings never change.

Sell to buy!!!!
Deal was probably already done mate , hence the speed it has moved at within the last hour.

We just waited for stones to be officially done then we start finalising our business afterwards now the salary thing is cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back